Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:26:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

More Payout on Tues. night

Started by LegendBoats, February 03, 2017, 10:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendBoats

Id like to see W.M.B not have $5 pulled out of every entry for the classic, our Membership fee can go towards that. That way theres optimum payout to the anglers throughout the year !!!

LegendBoats

Thats how it was before we became part of W.M.B.

Hoekset

How dare they have a classic at the end of the year. Who would want that?!

LegendBoats

Im just saying. Our payout was better the previous 2 years !!

dartag

100% payback is hard to beat.   Guess you could start a side pot.   5 to the classic is not bad.  If you go to the classic.   

LegendBoats

No, $5 isnt bad, but then its not a 100 % payback either. 

dartag

Quote from: LegendBoats on February 11, 2017, 06:50:37 PM
No, $5 isnt bad, but then its not a 100 % payback either. 

Guess I read there web site wrong.  Sorry bout that.

LegendBoats

To clarify, its not a 100% payback throughout the year. If you make the classic then you have a chance to win some back. I generally qualify for the classic, so not the problem. Most fishing orgs. allow the directors to fish for free as compensation for running the tourney and thats cool. But Ive yet to see an org. that is truly 100% payback at the ramp. They always take from the angler to fund their classics. I think W.M.B is way better then N.B.A.A who took such a high percentage from every tourney that anglers got smart and quit fishing it. When this Tues. night group was not part of any org. it was a great payout, 100% at ramp, now its not, and im simply pointing that out.

dartag

Crankinsmallies

Start your own series then and stop fishing W.M.B.

TheFishinPollock

I loveeeeeee the way West Michigan Bass does it.  5 bucks out of each of my 6 + events I get to fish up here is perfect.  I'm just glad we have a good circuit to fish up here in TC now other than my independent wed night group.

NBAA sucked. They poached us like the tax man.  With the addition of the old NBAA tuesday night group up here switching to WMB that means at least 100 extra bucks per event going into the kitty for the classic. 
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

bassnutcase

Someone finally said it.  Thank you crankin smallies.

Cy

Let's make this very clear.  When we talk about 100% cash payback, there are really two models.  There is 100% payback and 100% payback at the ramp.  100% payback is saying that a tournament organization pays back 100% of the money collected from the tournament anglers over a given time frame...West Michigan Bass does this.  100% payback at the ramp is saying a tournament organization pays back 100% of the money collected from tournament anglers at each tournament...West Michigan Bass does not do this.  I want to also make it clear that West Michigan Bass is very transparent about our payouts and how the angler money is used.  If anyone wants to know please visit the website and reference the Rules and Payouts section for more info.  www.westmichiganbass.com or you can email info@westmichiganass.com

Thanks.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

bbtt123

Much easier to complain about payouts when your not a TD or an organizer of a trail. I help run a small club and the one thing that people do not understand is that without incentive to fish, your club dies. We have a few rules in our club which help us maintain membership rates now and keep our club on track:

Must fish 6/7 events, or PAY for 6/7 to qualify for the classic
Payback for regular tourneys are buy-in minus fees that go toward classic/aoy/trophies
Membership fee goes directly toward classic, if you want a chance to get your money back then you better fish the events and make sure you qualify.
Our only qualification to make the classic is that you participate in the club by fishing 6/7 events.

A gentleman who ran a VERY good drawing team trail last year which was 100% ramp payback stopped his trail and joined our club because he was burned out after one year of being a TD. He's still fishing some higher paying events, but he joined our rinky dink $25 a tourney club because we have fun, enough ourselves, go up north to fish a fun classic where we BS and focus on enjoying the end of the year and if you happen to win the tourney you walk out with over 1K and if you finish in the top 1/2 of the classic field you at least make back your membership fee and a bit extra (about $75)

It's not easy running these trails, if you want to pot fish, then so be it, but look at what any trail can offer you by drawing more competition to your area, increasing your winnings and all you have to do it pay your money and let them take care of the rest......

Cy

Quote from: bbtt123 on February 14, 2017, 04:04:58 PM
Much easier to complain about payouts when your not a TD or an organizer of a trail. I help run a small club and the one thing that people do not understand is that without incentive to fish, your club dies. We have a few rules in our club which help us maintain membership rates now and keep our club on track:

Must fish 6/7 events, or PAY for 6/7 to qualify for the classic
Payback for regular tourneys are buy-in minus fees that go toward classic/aoy/trophies
Membership fee goes directly toward classic, if you want a chance to get your money back then you better fish the events and make sure you qualify.
Our only qualification to make the classic is that you participate in the club by fishing 6/7 events.

A gentleman who ran a VERY good drawing team trail last year which was 100% ramp payback stopped his trail and joined our club because he was burned out after one year of being a TD. He's still fishing some higher paying events, but he joined our rinky dink $25 a tourney club because we have fun, enough ourselves, go up north to fish a fun classic where we BS and focus on enjoying the end of the year and if you happen to win the tourney you walk out with over 1K and if you finish in the top 1/2 of the classic field you at least make back your membership fee and a bit extra (about $75)

It's not easy running these trails, if you want to pot fish, then so be it, but look at what any trail can offer you by drawing more competition to your area, increasing your winnings and all you have to do it pay your money and let them take care of the rest......

Dan needs to add a like button!  If there was one I like the crap out of BBTT123's post!  Some excellent points made here!
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

thedude

If anyone would like to see how much money a year Cy and Myself pay ourselves i'd be happy to show you all the pay stubs. It will be easy because there aren't any and there never have been.  So we can quell the misconception that there's just a pile of money laying around to offset the classic fund with right now. i can lay out 10,000 reasons for that in just 2 words: Insurance, B.A.S.S. ( ok so BASS is technically 4 words..)

The reality of your suggestion is membership would need to go up 15-20$ per member and you would likely have to pay an entry fee into the classic - on the other hand there are groups running under us who do not compete for the classic and they are free to payout 100% at the ramp. My suggestion would be to check out one of those groups or start one. 
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

LegendBoats

To Mr. CrankinSmallies, I plan on fishing W.M B. Im not starting my own club. I simply pointed out that I didnt want the $5 taken out to put toward classic so it would be a better payout at ramp. I think W.M.B does a great job,  as I pointed out, they dont rake you over the coals like N. B. A.A. did. I realize the guys running it are not out to make money or make it a business like N.B.A.A did. Our payout went from $300 to $205 for first place on 12 paid boats. And from $120 to $50 on Big Bass. So when 1st place and B.B. combined went from $420 to $255 I simply noticed it. Our entry fee was $5 more as well at $50 per boat. Ive fished Tues nights from year one of N.B.A.A and even b4 that with some of the same guys when it was on Mon. nights. So for over 20 years Ive consistently and faithfully fished every year showing up and putting my money in the pot. No one came and asked the guys who consistently and faithfully make Tues. night what it is in my area if we wanted to join an org. So If I happen to notice something thats changed and poi nt it out, I think its ok for me to have an opinion !

thedude

at 12 boats, there's only 60$ going to the classic.
I'm not sure where those numbers are coming from since 420 - 255 = 165$. The first place payout for 12 boats was never 300$. At most it was 220/225.
Big bass (for WMB) has always been 5$ pot, so that has never changed.

This is of course solely for WMB payouts, if you're comparing this to how the group was ran before the director chose to move under us - i have no insight into that. I think you're entry fees were 50$ ? If thats the case, it makes more sense with your math to me. (120$ additional dollars).

I would talk to your director about doing a 10$ side pot. If he's game to do that, then everyone else there who feels the same can chip that in and you can basically have your old payouts back.

The reason our official payouts are the way they are is so that all divisions that are classic qualifiers put in the same dollars to hours  in contribution to the classic fund. There is absolutely nothing prohibiting individual divisions from running side pots as long as they are optional.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Dutchie1030

Start fishing on Sunday's Marty!! Mine are 100% payback at the Ramp and cold beer at weigh in. What else does a guy need?? Lol