Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Vote went BASS

Started by Dan, March 12, 2006, 04:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Have to see how it all shakes out.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

ronhuntfish

Any more details from anyone?
How was the reaction of the board, people attending?
What % was the vote.

Dan

I was told that it was about 23 18 or something like that. My source said he thought the Fed Board was pro BASS in his opinion. He said guys left in a hurry.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bosshawg

been confirmed by our club - we go w/ B.A.S.S. the majority has spoken. yes the 23-18 ratio is what i was told also.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

It was 24 - 18 in favor of BASS federation nation from what I wrote down. I think that's right, but whether it is 23 or 24, it's the same end result.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Roy Randolph

So I guess the next question should be

How long do you think it will take before some one starts the Michigan TBF? and how many of the 18 clubs leave to join it?

this is going to be a strange year
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!

Savage

Not really surprised, talked to alot of guys this weekend and most clubs I talked to seemed to be leaning that way....  I had thought the board was pro-BFL, I was wrong.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

yukonjack2

Anyone starting the Michigan TBF thats needs help - I'm in!

reach me here!

Quote from: Roy Randolph on March 12, 2006, 09:30:50 PM
So I guess the next question should be

How long do you think it will take before some one starts the Michigan TBF? and how many of the 18 clubs leave to join it?

this is going to be a strange year
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

blakstr1

I'm sure that thought is out there and a lot of guys will be in....I noticed guys at BPS this weekend wearing TBF patches on their tournament shirts...?

I guess the big question is will the 18 clubs that voted TBF stay aligned with the Michigan Federation or not..

I'd like to start hearing about the Club Championship that the Federation Nation mentioned..

Strange Times..

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dartag

i am going to be interested to see how this works out..  i am not in a club so i really don't understand it all..

blakstr1

I'm wondering if we should expect vacated positions on the MBF Board, if Michigan will indeed lose Ranger as a sponsor, undoubtedly individuals will go with them..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

ronhuntfish

A little bird told me..

If Ranger does break with the MI Fed, at least one boat company has said that they would jump in with everthing Ranger has done in the past. (And it wasn't Triton).

I better not get to specific, because sometimes birds fib.

djkimmel

Probably only Skeeter or Nitro could match what Ranger has done for the Michigan federation - it's a very valuable contract. Triton will only give the same to each BASS federation nation federation equally, and it doesn't equal the value of the Ranger contract.

You have to remember that any boat company other than Triton (actually any non-BASS sponsor) wil have to be made aware that they can not be given coverage at all in all materials and actiivities related to the new BASS Club Championship from start to finish. This may or may not affect sponsorship value. Just something to remember.

After existing contracts expire, IF they are not renewed, another factor to potential new sponsors might be how many members the existing federation has at that time. The federation has been shrinking quite a bit the past few years down to less than half of its size from the last time I was on the board.

Pretty much everything is just speculation at this time although people are talking some and there probably will be a Michigan TBF, but that was expected all along.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

our club voted for flw, but w/the vote outcome we'll probably stick w/BASS as we've done for years...i doubt that we'll change or sign up for both if that possible.
in honesty - its a money, power & political thing and thats to bad for us club members. joining a club was for the love of the sport w/others on bass fishing, fun and all that....we just wanted to fish.
  it will be a interesting season to say the least. w/all the other circuits out there now, could be my last year for clubbing, wait 'til see how season unfolds. 
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

dcain

I am interested in jpining a club. I live in the thumb area and am a BASS member. Can anyone put in touch with a club nearby. I was in the previously a member of Clarksville club in TN.

smbassman

Try going to www.michiganbass.net and look at the club lists.

The only problem you may have is not meeting the clubs deadline for this season.  My club requires new members to join by the March meeting that was a week ago.  I am not sure how other clubs handle this.

nitroderrek

the oakland county bass anglers are accepting new members at this time, we are a little drive from the thumb area, so it is up to you how far you are willing to drive to fish, we meet at bass pro shops the second tuesday of every month, and fish inland lakes in the area as well as lake st. clair.  derrek, tournament director

TINYBASSMAN

dcain-     saginaw valley bass anglers or sanford lake bass club are looking for new members. i'm the president of svba, we have one member who fishes with us from caro, mi. let me know if i can help. Good Fishing   (TINYBASSMAN)
MARK (TINY) JOYNER

blakstr1

did SVBA vote TBF or BASS??  and did they decide to stay aligned with the Michigan Federation?
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com