Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:12:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Steve Clapper to speak Jan 19 in South Bend at Gates Chevy

Started by djkimmel, January 07, 2008, 01:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

Here's your chance to hear some great information from 2007 FLW Chevy Open Champ and Lake Erie expert Steve Clapper.

Clapper will speak in South Bend Indiana on Saturday January 19 from 7:30 AM until 9 AM at Gates Chevy World. A no cost breakfast in included. You just can't get a better fishing deal than that.

Gates Chevy World is located 401 S. Lafeyette Blvd in South Bend.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I heard there were about 100 persons in attendance to hear Steve speak. Anyone from here make it? I'd like to hear how many new awesome smallmouth fishing secrets you learned?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Duke

I made it out. It was my first time meeting Steve face to face; although we spoke considerably when he helped me write an article on drop shot fishing which can be read on Dan's site here: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/articles/abdropshot0611.html

I had a chance to talk w/ Steve before & after as well as his brother & dad. All super-nice guys.

He was great! He spent his time talking about his big win on Erie this past summer. First he explained the 2 techniques he used: drop shot w/ gobies, and tubes w/ weights up to 3/4 oz. He also explained the type of structure he was fishing: rock humps in 28' that rose 4' off the bottom.

One thing that impressed me was what he explained about drop shot fishing was identical to what he told me nearly 2 years ago in writing the article. It just shows me how honest of a person he is. I truly appreciate that.

He talked about his pre-fishing (8 days worth) and a mechanical failure that occurred 3 days before the tourney. It cost him nearly a day of fishing. He had a problem the day before the tourney in that he had 3 great spots that kept producing 4# fish, but he didn't know which one to start on. He asked God for a sign and within minutes he landed a 6# fish - he never left that spot all 4 days.

He talked about Peter in the Bible and how Jesus showed him where to fish and Jesus showed Steve where to fish. So I conclude that Steve is a better fisherman that Peter, but Jesus is better than both Steve & Peter.
Duke

djkimmel

Amen to all of that. I'm glad you got to see what a truly wonderful person Steve is. His brother seems as nice or nicer. I look forward to getting many more pictures and video on the site one of these days so people can see more of how great a tournament Steve fished last July -  I can't explain to you how easy he makes it look, but we all know how much work something like this is, and Steve pulls it off so many times.

I'm so glad Steve is willing to share his extensive knowledge here. He's been busy this year, but the lack of development of Clapper's Corner has been all me, not Steve.