Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What set up would you use if you only had ONE?

Started by kgr624, February 09, 2006, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgr624

Alright here is a great way to find out about some good baits. If you could use one rod reel combo and one lure in a tournament what would it be. Doesn't matter what the lake just pick your best set up that you fish with. I would pick a shimano curado 100 reel ( old one) with a quantum tour 7" rod with a strike king 5x 5" worm carolina rigged.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

kgr624

oh forgot this one watermelon Red flake for the color on the strike king worm

McCarter

I would have to say a curado 200BSF on a 7 ft medium Airrus Co Matrix rod and a 1/4 oz bear hair jig ( black/blue ) with a super chunk jr on the rear end.? And doused with Mega Strike.? God, i can almost smell the sweet garlic goodness.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

(he meant rear end - I'm sure of it :))

kgr624

Poorboy,
             Those are some nice jigs, What color trailer do you like with that black/blue jig. I like fishing jigs and I also use the brand Chomper with flavored with garlic.

Cheetam

Hmmmm...toughy, but here goes:
Shimano Stradic MgFa 2500/6'6" M' Kistler Helium LTA /20lb Power Pro/14 lb. Flouro Leader (if needed)/ and a size 78 or 100 LC Pointer.
Jeff

McCarter

I like to use just a straight black.  I found some really nice trailers that compliment these jigs perfectly.  conquistadortackle.com.  they match up to some of the custom colors he makes very well.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

MBell

Has to be a size 40 quantum spinning reel with a 6'6" medium action rod with a texas rigged tube on 10lb mono, I can fish that rig anywhere. 
-Matt 

225XS4Garza200PXL

I'd have to go with a my Shimano Symetre 2500 and 7-0MF-S St. Croix Avid combo. I'd have 10 lb. Seaguar Flourocarbon spooled on the reel. For my lure, i'd be throwing a Mizmo 4 inch Big Boy tube in Green Mist or Work of Art with a 1/4 ounch Provider Tackle jighead.

Yeah...

Jose
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

Revtro

I guess I'd have to go with spinning gear since I'd be flipping a weightless Senko in Green Pumpkin with Red Flake.  10lb XPS Floro.  Quantum size 30 Energy reel on a 7ft. medium action G-Loomis rod.  Man, what a tough question to answer. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Hooksetter

I would have to go with my Shimano Stradic 2500MgF spooled with 8lb. P-Line Cxx mono on my G. Loomis IMX 6' mh fast action rod w/Tennessee rings. I'd be throwing a weightless Senko in smoke pearl blue or black w/blue flake.

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

blakstr1

Helium 2 LTX 6'9" Medium Spinning Fast Action rod, Quantum Energy PTi-A reel, 8lb Trilene XL, Green Pumpkin 3.5" grub, on a 1/8"oz ball head hook.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

smbassman

6.6' MH spinning rod, Daiwa 2500 reel, 10# Yozuri Hybrid line and 3/16oz spotsticker w/ 6" houdini worm for smallies or t-rig 7" powerworm w/ 1/16oz bullet for largemouths) both worked deep and sloooooow.

Savage

Dang Blakstr, nice setup!  Since I fish with Blake alot, I'd go with something that would complement his bait.  That would mean a black triple rattleback jig with a black zoom super chunk trailer.  1/2 oz in clear water, 3/8 in stained water.  Rigged on a 100BSF Curado and a Kistler 6'-6" Medium Heavy rod.

Ulness we were on smallie waters, where I'd throw a green pumpkin tube with a home-made jighead, on firleine with a Stradic and BPS rod combo!

Blake would catch more with the grub, and I'll be after the kickers.  That's how we do it!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

I changed my mind  ;D

One of my all time favorite things to do is throwing a big 'ol noisy buzzbait.  For that I'll use a Curado 100/Kistler 6'9" APC/65 lb PP braid and a 1/2 ounce White or White/Chartruese Glamourshad Buzzbait.
Jeff

Bronzeback5LBER

Ill go with spinning gear so...a shimano stradic2500fh spinning reel,Bass Pro extreme  xps 6'6" mh (woo daves sig.) and I'd throw a 1/4 oz. chompers football jig with a 3-5" kalins grub in green pumpkin or a green pumpkin w/red flakes arkie grub.
I ain't as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was