Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:02:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

How did you find this site?

Started by McCarter, February 09, 2006, 12:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

I see we have a lot of new members lately, which is sweet.  A few have posted that they are new to fishing.  And i seen one or two from out of state.  That got me thinking, how did we all come across this website?

I got wind of it on another website.  I already knew Dan, and had been on his main website.  But i was excited to see that he had added a forum. 

How about the rest of you?

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Revtro

I found this site by searching for local pros online.  And a friend of mine also told me about Dan.  It's cool to see the membership growing like this.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

kgr624

I found this site by searching for some local fishing clubs. Then I read some of the topics and forums and signed up and put up a topic and got some awsome feedback so now I am hooked. I really not new to fishing but I am starting to get into some more bigger tournaments. I really have to get a better tournament boat because i have alway had v-hull boats so i could fish for all species and I bought a 2005 sylvan exploror last year and it is great to fish for just about anything but I am really looking to get in a bass boat maybe a triton tr 175 or a nitro NX 750. Not looking to spend a lot of money. Really can't make that final decision to trade in my sylvan but hopefully by May I will have the balls to do it.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

gnewski5

I also found this site while on another site.

This is a great site with alot of great people on it. No drama, no crap, no pot stiring. Just a bunch of people wanting to talk about fishing.

Thanks Dan for a place we can come to for real information or just to chit-chat.

Hooksetter

I found this site through the Michigan BASS Federation website.

I have to say this is the friendliest, most informative site I have ever been to. Thanks Dan for providing us a place to share ideas, tips and techniques that make us all better anglers.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

DOWD

5alive

I found this site through while looking for info on doing a Ranger Boat factory tour, and low and behold I found Dan's Ranger tour he posted on another site. This site has become one of my favorites.
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

Cheetam

Dan was kind enough to send me a private message a few years ago when I was looking for a bass club and gave me some really good information and advice (which is hard to come by a lot of times).  I got wind of his new forum (well, the old forum now, considering that this one is the new one  :D) through someone known as Madman (or Rods by Airrus or Poorboy, or whatever his name is these days) so I figured, Dan's a nice guy and helped me out, I'll come on over and contribute whatever I can (or at the very least give my buddy PB a good ribbing or two every once in a while ;D).
Jeff

fishon1219

I saw a sticker on a truck that said greatlakesbassfishing.com. I typed it in and forgot about the fishing part. Lucky for me I couldnt remember the whole name.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Potter

I believe i googled "michigan bass fishing", and eventually found my way to this forum.  I was a lurker for a while.  I eventually joined and I have nothing but positive things to say about this site and the people who hang out here.

Greetings from exit 212

potter

blakstr1

i found it a couple years ago when i contacted Dan for some of the petitions about shortening the bass season...the rest as they say is history! ;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

spinninbug

My pal emeryj told me about this site,   I just kind of hung out for a while and then I got brave enough to post a few times.  It's just a great place to gather info and meet people and get some great ideas.  Also have some fun doing it! :D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

225XS4Garza200PXL

Dan kinda rocks... so I come here...

Plus... there are so many cool people on here...

I clicked on Dan's link at the other site and then signed up...

Jose
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

fiker

I was/am a member on LSCN.  Dan would post often there, and this site, (the old site) was mentioned. 

Now I hardly every look at LSCN.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Bassman24

I was looking for Jimmy Kimmel Live and just typed in Kimmel in my search...then bam, nothing but Dan Kimmel sites... this guy is bigger than the stars.  8)

Dan is the man and this is a great site.

GT

Oh, I couldn't find anything when I typed in "Poorboy himself"  ;)...bummer!!!
George Terrien

Champion Boats - www.championboats.com

OPTIMA Batteries - www.optimabatteries.com.

NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge - www.nbaabass.com

Highest Honor - www.highesthonor.biz

K&E Team Stopper - www.stopperlures.com

ronhuntfish

Hmm... I can't remember. ???
I no I found Dan's site a long time ago and would check it once in a while.  Of coarse I visit much more often now that he has this forum.
I'm still a 'fry' since I mostly surf the topics and try not to embarrass myself by posting.

Andy

Im with Fiker50 found it on LSCN. I cant remmber the last time i look at LSCN

Bronzeback5LBER

I'm not sure how I heard about the site,for some reason I think jcheetam told me about it while I was on a different site.It is a real good site.I enjoy reading the information you guys are willing to share and try to pipe in when I think I might be able to help someone.
I ain't as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was

Skulley

If I remember correctly......I was browsing the web for fishing sites using the webpage Top 1000 Fishing Websites or it was Top 100 Bass Fishing Websites.  I am going to say it was the later.  Right now this site is ranked 49 on the Top 100 Bass Fishing Websites.  I think it should be ranked higher.

BD      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bosshawg

evenin' fellow fishermen, wanted to jump in on this as i heard abt this site last year from another person in our fishing club. have been "guesting" since than and just recently joined a month or so ago. i find this site very informative as it has info on alot of inland lakes in the state which makes it very cool.....
i hail from canton and and thou haven't fished it much, belleville lk. is the closest to me & and to fish it quite often this season when time allows. now that most nbaa divisions are starting to show their schedules, don't see anything for that laike so far. do they still have weeknite outings there? i ask as i'm now looking into what to fish this year in tournaments, besides club events. hoping all have a fun/safe season this year - THINK SPRING!!
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters