Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Why do I fish?

Started by blakstr1, February 07, 2006, 09:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

Because this little girl absolutely loves it...this is my daughter Morgan, these pictures were taken last July on her birthday!   Only problem is she never wants to leave the lake..she wears me out.  :D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Fish On!!? ?;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

That's what it's all about!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fishon1219

Thats awsome blake,
I have a little one my self. He is only 20 monthes, but he has already made several trips with dad out to the lake. He loves to get into everything in the boat and really enjoys cramming things down into the holes were my pro set pole goes on the front deck. I rarely use this seat when I am fishing inland and one day I was out on St.Clair and tried to put the seat in and it would go. I discovered that hole bag of senkos that I had been looking for had been conviently stuck in there buy him. It would have been ok if he would have left them in the bag, but he didnt. Another funny story is I have a tradition of having him in the boat with me the night before a tournament when I am getting things prepared. I always enjoy a few barly sodas while doing this and the next morning I caught my first fish, went to put it in the live well and discovered that I had 8 empty Fosters cans in there, I guess he likes to keep things out of site. My partner that day looked all over the boat to try and find an unopend one as he was thirsty.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

blakstr1

yeah i'm a pretty lucky guy, she is one funny kid.  Big into helping people, back after the hurricane she took her own money with her, her mom took her to the store and she bought lemonade mix and cups.  came home made lemonade, set up a stand at the end of the driveway and sold it to benefit the hurricane, she sat out there one whole sunny Saturday and earned $135.00!!  Then before she turned it into her school for the hurricane she added $10 of her allowance money to the pot!  Amazing...then one Sunday at church, during the service when the pastor asked to remember the hurrican victims, she raised her hand out of the blue and suggested they do a craft/bake sale to raise money.  They all agreed and she worked for 2 weeks making things and finding things to sell, she had her own table full of stuff to sell, the sale earned $450.00, Morgans stuff earned $275.00 of it!  She is quite a kid!  When I bought the bass boat though, she kept asking can we only catch bass in it??  :D She likes the gills!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

gnewski5

blakstr1,

Thats great. Like Dan said,"thats what its all about".

My girls are (were) the same way. I've kind of lost them to
the "teenage" time, but they still like gettin on the water.

My 11 year old son on the other hand, could stand shoulder to shoulder with me for an 8 hour tourny and still ask "do we have to leave already?".

As I was doing one of my projects to shorten my "honey-do-list", he asked if he could help. While helping, out of the blue he asks "dad when are we going to make the Bass Pro run ? I don't want to use your stuff any more, I want my own centipeeds, senkos and baby 1 minuses"........................ Darn near brought a tear to my eye!

Life's short. Fish hard with the kids!

smbassman

Well, somebody has to say it......

She must get her looks from her mother!!!! ;D

Actually, I am jealous.  I haven't had kids yet, but I look forward to raising a fishing partner.  I wish I could skip the first couple of years though and just get'um after the crying and crapping in their pants is over with....  :o  I am not too good with babies.

Cheetam

Quote from: smbassman on February 08, 2006, 10:36:00 AM
...I wish I could skip the first couple of years though and just get'um after the crying and crapping in their pants is over with....

Don't we all...I love my daughter, but DANG...what is that kid eating?!
Jeff

dhuff

I will be a smart behind and say.... what you are feeding it!  ha ha

5alive

Don't let those kids grow too fast! Buying their own lures is one thing but when you got 2 boys, 9 & 14, who can tell the difference between low end and high end rods and reels, and don't want your hand me downs, it gets expensive and fast. Just the other day my 14 yr old Cody, hands me his equipment order for this year. 6 rod and reel combos, featuring Quantum PT Burner reels and PT rods. This to go along with his new archery equipment, Mathews Switchback XT!! I know I created this monster with, "You can get that stuff if you get good grades and pick up after the dog", never had anyting but straight A's and just the perfect kid. Now dads gotta come through with the goods. It is still better that they have their own, other wise my stuff comes up missing or is in his tackle box or bedroom. The other problem is he also is my part time tournament partner, which doubles all my cost. Last year he subbed for a buddy of mine and ended up finishing ahead of me in the money!!!! But if we can keep the kids fishing, that should keep them out of trouble. I would still rather fish and hunt with my kids , than worrying about who he's hanging out with at the mall.
By the way if any of you guys know any high school kids that go to Grand Blanc High, my son and his buddy are starting a school bass club/outdoor activities group.
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

Bulletproof

Yeah I have a 4 year old and a 8 month old.  My four year old(son) loves to fish.  He misses dads boat.  He was more interested in tearing it apart and getting into everything then fishing itself.  He loves to get into my soft plastics which he affectionately calls 'squirmies'.

My wife wasnt real keen to the idea of him on my boat but he managed okay at a slow pace and a life vest of course.  I really enjoy taking him to local ponds and getting him into a mess of bluegills and such.  Keep their attention first and keep the fish coming which panfishing accomplishes.  Very fun.  It can also be frustrating teaching your child to fish when he or she is very strong willed and wants to do it all himself.  If the fish aren't biting make sure they have somes rocks nearby to throw. ;D

My 8 month old daughter is a wee bit too young yet for a major fishing excursion and my wife does not want her little princess to be a tomboy. ;D
I am haunted by waters.

Savage

Mine son is 5 and insists on smelling each soft pastics before he buys them at Gander Mountain.  I get all misty eyed when he asks for a Plano box to put all his lures in.... :'(
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Roy Randolph

Looks like the next "Angler of the Year" to me!
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!

ronhuntfish

Ok, since we are exploiting our kids...
This the two oldest of my three boys 'up north' last summer.
Now I don't need to make an excuse to fish, since they constantly want to. ;D

Skulley

I took this picture of my daughter on a trip to St. Clair.  We had a great time and caught a lot of fish.  She just won't land her own fish.  I have to land every one and she won't hold it so I can take a picture of her with the fish she catches.  Unbelievable.........Her Mom  aka "My lovely Bride" lands her own fish........ ::)   But she loves to go fishing and I don't need an excuse either because she always wants to go.

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com