Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Joshimoto in Alabama

Started by McCarter, November 09, 2007, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Just wanted to let everyone know that Josh is tied for 17th place after day one of the Stren Series Championship.  He had 4 fish for 5 lbs yesterday.

I talked to him a few days earlier and he said the fishing was extremely tough.  Due to drought, the water has dropped so low that the saltwater from the ocean is backing way up into the river.  Plus, he said there are literally no weeds available. 

Keep your fingers crossed for today.  He is a great fisherman, i have a feeling he will be moving up a few spots today!

McCarter himself :-\'

EliteFF

;D Well seeing as McCarter is not keeping up on his posting I will inform you that Joshimoto has made the top ten cut.  :P
Live your life so that the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral

spinninbug

Thanks Jaguar for keeping us posted!  Josh has got to be thrilled.  I wish Duane could have been up there too that would have been really cool. 

Anyway we are watching to see how he does,  actually I had forgot that it was this weekend,  that must be why he didn't call me back when I left him a message that we were going to be in town last weekend.

Keeping our fingers crossed ;D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

bshaner

Word is that Duane's boat broak down on day 1 and he didnt make it back in time so he was DQ'd for the day.

If Josh catches zero fish today he still walks home with 6,000.00.  What a great showing!  But wait!  He's going to catch some fish today!  He's paired up with a pretty decent pro!  Hold on to your hats.  This could vault Josh up and get his career really moving!!!!!  I see sponsorship $$$$ in his future.

Josh thought he had about 7 lbs yesterday but he estimated high.  He had 5-8.  Watching the weigh ins was scary because he got bumped from 3rd to 6th with only about 70 co's weighed in.  I was biting my nails but it ended up alot of co's that were in striking range of Josh zero'd!!    It doesnt matter though.  Weights are wiped for the final day right?  Here's to hoping Josh has his best day ever!!

B

P.S.  He better win some money.  We are out of pouring supplies.  Slacker!
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

bshaner

Just got word... Josh has a full limit and made it back to check in on time!! He's headed to the Arena now to weigh in.  Starts at 5pm eastern.

Freaking A way to go JOSH!!  This looks pretty promising!!!!!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

bshaner

Josh Clark going to the Forest L Woods Cup next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2nd Place in the Championship taking home 16,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Highest place finisher in the Northern Division!!! WTG Josh!!!!!!  Proud of ya bud!!!  Josh got some pretty good air time on national TV too!!  Congrats buddy!

All that hard work has paid off!

What more can you say???

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

LAPORTE

I just got home and caught the weighin. Nice job Josh  ;D  man only 1-6 to tie... it was a close one. Im looking forward to hearing all about it. Have a safe trip home ..

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Ryan

Holy Cow, that is incredible!  I can't wait to hear the story.  Way to go, Josh!!

-Ryan

Cheetam

Nice going Josh!

Here's a photo from the FLW website (for those of you who don't know Josh, he's the second from the left):

Jeff

McCarter

I wish i could have posted more but i did not have access to a computer all weekend.

It was funny talking to Josh througout this thing tho.  I would call him and he would already be weighed in but there were still a lot of co anglers left to weigh.  You could hear the anxiety in his voice.  But then, 30 minutes later, he would call me back all cool and collected letting me know he was fishing the next day. 

Huge congrats to you bro.  You just moved into #3 on my hero list behind Chuck Norris and Babe Winkleman.

Cheetam

Quote from: McCarter on November 12, 2007, 07:33:54 AM

Huge congrats to you bro.  You just moved into #3 on my hero list behind Chuck Norris and Babe Winkleman.

Man...Ron Howard's brother is gonna be PO'd he's no longer #3...

Jeff

cameraguy

Man...Ron Howard's gonna be PO'd he's no longer #3...

[/quote]

I'm not sure what that means but I think that picture is of Clint Howard, Ron's brother.

Congrats Joshimoto, that is a great showing. 

Team houston

Congrats Josh, look forward to a long detailed journal.

Cheetam

Quote from: cameraguy on November 12, 2007, 09:07:08 AM

...I think that picture is of Clint Howard, Ron's brother.

You are correct...another example of how I should proof my posts prior to clicking "Post"...
Jeff

djkimmel

Nawwwww... it's more fun this way...

WAY TO GO JOSH!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Check out the home page - www.glbass.com - do you think Josh will like it?? (Probably not as much as the $11,000 or $16,000 bucks and the FLW Tour Championship... but we do what we can ;D)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

joshimoto son

Holy busy! It's just not fair to have to come back to work after a trip like that.

Thanks for everybodies support.
So the actual check was for $15,565. FLW  pro-rated...co-rated the check since only 187 showed up.

I'm trying to find a laptop to take home so I can get a story out.

I will just tell you all this. It was the most outstanding thing I've ever witnessed and got to be a part of.

I wished I was able to wear my own clothing though. I had the GLB. com logo embroidered on my shirt since the beginning of the season
I so wish I could have been able to push that on TV.

I'm hoping that I'll get to put the entire season down in text, getting the whole story leading up to the Cup.

joshimoto son ;D

bosshawg

sweet, very sweet - congratulations!

did not follow the season, but looking forward to your read your reports.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

dashaver63

Awesome job! Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to reading your reports.

dashaver63

BTW, they didn't say when it would be aired, did they?