Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Live blog??

Started by 1javelin, May 07, 2016, 11:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1javelin

Some of us unfortunate souls that have to work were kind of hoping for a live blog!  Maybe an idea for next year!!  Hope the fishing is good guys and gals.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

21XDC

I bet if you put in for time off 1 year in advance, You could make it... Same weekend next year.... Get-R-Done!
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

djkimmel

We all fished hard. Some of us caught them good (and some of us let them go early...) The food was great and everyone seemed to have had a good time overall. The end.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Hollada

What were the results?  Big ugly?
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Team houston

Dartag won with 21.14 of muscamoot spawners. Big ugly was a catfish.

djkimmel

Almost 9 pounds catfish. There were a few sheepshead and some other fish too. We threw back a big pike but it wasn't 9 pounds.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

DK Is just wanking cause he weighed in a  5 lb. bag. so here's the scoop:

15 of the 25 boats ran to muscamoot, couple ran down below grosse pointe, a few slugged it out on the mile roads and 1 or 2 had anchor bay all to themselves. The fish in Muscamoot were prespawn, with a few in the bed. All fish caught were measured, photographed and immediately released. Only fish in season were kept.

Bob O, Jack and I took 6th or 7th with 17 lb flat, anchored by (2) five lbrs. I losted a massive tank who broke my hook on my blade bait or we'd a cracked the 20 lb mark. It was huge, It didn't splash, it rolled.

Many of us probably lost key fish because we haven't fished rocket propelled pigs in 3 fow !

Lots of boats left Muscamoot because it was a tough pattern, but I think the top 3 bags went 20 lbs. congrats to the win, place and show'nuff guys.

We chowdered on dogs and pizza, beer and great bourbon brought by Mr. T Bone Terry. Thank you Jason for being a gracious cook, and thank you Dan for this amazing, community website.

Quite frankly, you are a GOOD GOOD man. 
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

dartag

The fish were in the Moot.  You just had to stay in there and work on them. 

21XDC

Big or little? Did you look in Fisher bay?
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Little Moot in the back.  I had thought about going up the cut past Browns into Fisher / Goose but knrw there were fish where we were.  I only started my big motor Twice after we got there.  Had my trolling motor on " Dad Speed " as my son calls it.  We covered about half the bay.  My GPS track screen looked like an Etch A Sketch.

dartag

By the time we were done I had 3 different groups of beds waypointed.  We just rotated around them

SethV

We started in the middle of the bay.  Had a limit before 9:00 - but they were all small.  We stayed out in the middle for about 2 hours, slowly upgrading by ounces.  After 15 fish, we still had not cracked the 3 lb mark, so we decided to move up and check on beds that the day before only had unagressive males on them.

The bed fish were just in the first stages - and most of them were not typical easy to catch smallies on beds.  Fished more like southern largies on beds where you really have to work them.  For us, it was all males on beds.  Our biggest one (4-8) took at least 50 pitches before he ate.  That combined with the overcast made it quite a bit harder than usual.  We did hit a flurry during the rain that made the fish much more agressive for some reason.  Just never found the big bite, ended up with 18 lb 13 oz for 4th.

Overall a great day with Luke and Charlie - the kid is always happy when we finsih in the money! 

Firefighter Jeff

Fifteen of the 25 boats went to Moot???  I should have played follow the leader.  Have never fished in there.  Dan Kimmel has me too scared.  LOL  I know the water is up.  I should have considered it.  I fished with Frickerdude (Kyle).  I was out the day before.  I knew the fishing hadn't been too good along the mile roads so I fished Anchor Bay.  I only had 5 smallies the day before but one of them was a 6.1   I decided then that we'd fish Anchor and chuck rattlebaits all day long and try to grind out a decent bag. Maybe luck into a couple of big ones.  I had three different color lipless tied on and that's the only rods I had out.  First fish was a 4.4 on the Golden Rule (Actually went 4.11)  Like all the others most fish weigh more than what the Golden Rule suggests.  I wonder what the actual weight of the big bass was ????  Anyway Kyle and I only hooked and netted 9 fish for the day.  Think we had one small Musky. We ended up with 14.14  Not sure where that put us amongst the others. Even though we didn't place I had a great time on the water with Kyle. He's welcome in my boat anytime.

dartag

The Moot is a Huge Area.  It was not crowded where we fished.  By 11:00 a lot of guys had left.  There are other bays Fisher and Goose that hold fish.   The water is up about 2 feet from other years.  Funny thing was last year the Mile roads were loaded with bedding fish.  Next week should be really good out there.   I am done going over there.  That drive is no fun. 

21XDC

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on May 09, 2016, 07:35:19 PM
   First fish was a 4.4 on the Golden Rule (Actually went 4.11)  Like all the others most fish weigh more than what the Golden Rule suggests.  I wonder what the actual weight of the big bass was ???

The weighmaster golden rule is an average of LARGEMOUTH weight. Not healthy, well fed, spawning female smallmouth.  Put a lean male smallie in the board and you benefit in weight.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Team houston

Dave B and I fished the mile rds. We had three 4lb bites lost one next to the boat. Caught some three lbers and ended up with 16.9. With that lost fish and another key bite or two we could have had 18 or 19 lbs. Most the fish were football shaped. Just fat as can be. All were caught on jerbaits in 9 or 10 feet.