Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

5-6-2016 lake st clair fishing report

Started by LAPORTE, May 06, 2016, 06:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

It sucked... end of report  >:( ....lol

Launched close to 9 mile we boated 3 fish all day one being a green fish... up and down the mile roads all day long. very few fish were being caught I spoke with several boaters that were struggling as well. water temps were 57 deg most of the day. We fished in less than 5 feet of water we were marking fish but none would bite.

See you all in the morning hopefully a better day  ;D

laporte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

djkimmel

You were fishing too shallow. (If not...) Then you were fishing too deep! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

LAPORTE

thru one of those for about 30 cast nothing... to the rod locker with it...lol

bob o

21XDC

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

I took ya to  where the fish were.  I think they are Ranger fish and Skeeters scare them.  :)   Hope your motor didn't get to carboned up following me at 35 mph.   

LAPORTE

I was looking for a blinker its the only reason I didn't pass you sooner.. Im sure that ranger was wide open at 35 mph...lol

djkimmel

Went to Muscamoot Bay yesterday with my friend Derek. We didn't slay them mightily but we did catch a decent number of them with a few bigger ones. It was fun. No blade baits for us but a variety of soft plastics and a short, hot bite on painted spinnerbaits for smaller smallmouth bass for awhile.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

21XDC

My friend Jesse did well in the moot yesterday... Red/Silver Ranger Z118/150 Pro XS Merc and twin power poles... He said it was his best day this year.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

djkimmel

We didn't have that kind of a day. Maybe landed 30 bass about half being small and the other half being quality bass. About 2/3's did not come from any visible bed. There seemed to be lots of roamers though we did see 2 bass doing the hokey-pokey up in the water column over no visible bed I could see anywhere...? First time I think I've seen bass doing the dance where there was no apparent bed, plus they were way up in the water column off the bottom. Almost to the surface...? Weird.

dartag

You just have to know what to look for.  They were there.  The beds appeared as dark spots on the bottom.  The 2 places we found them were stirred up Tuesday and I think they were making beds then.  That was why I waypointed the areas and we went to them.   It was hard to see them until the light came up. I never did see a fish on the beds you just cast the Drop Shot to the dark spot.   This is a strange year.  All my waypoints on the mile roads where Rick and I caught big fish last year were vacant Tuesday.  We covered a lot of water.   The Moot and a little place by Selfridge that we never went to was all I had.

djkimmel

We found a number of obvious beds in Big Muscamoot but way back in Little Muscamoot we couldn't see any beds over the flats where we drifted. There was some muddy water that had drifted in from the Spider Islands by the wind that stirred things up to where you couldn't see bottom in some of it.

Revtro

Quote from: djkimmel on May 10, 2016, 05:01:47 PM
We didn't have that kind of a day. Maybe landed 30 bass about half being small and the other half being quality bass. About 2/3's did not come from any visible bed. There seemed to be lots of roamers though we did see 2 bass doing the hokey-pokey up in the water column over no visible bed I could see anywhere...? First time I think I've seen bass doing the dance where there was no apparent bed, plus they were way up in the water column off the bottom. Almost to the surface...? Weird.

LOVE IT.  We are so spoiled on St. Clair aren't we?  When we can say 30 fish caught isn't an awesome day... :)  What a great fishery we have!!  I'm so bummed I can't fish this week due to being so dang busy. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

smallie9

Quote from: dartag on May 10, 2016, 06:23:35 PM
You just have to know what to look for.  They were there.  The beds appeared as dark spots on the bottom.  The 2 places we found them were stirred up Tuesday and I think they were making beds then.  That was why I waypointed the areas and we went to them.   It was hard to see them until the light came up. I never did see a fish on the beds you just cast the Drop Shot to the dark spot.   This is a strange year.  All my waypoints on the mile roads where Rick and I caught big fish last year were vacant Tuesday.  We covered a lot of water.   The Moot and a little place by Selfridge that we never went to was all I had.

I will say it has been a bit "strange" this year so far as well, but I have had only one poor outing so far, that's because I was stubborn and was determined to figure out what the fish wanted in the specific area I was in. (the fish won)

The "strangeness" has forced me to ponder other areas and techniques, and so far it has "opened my eyes" so to speak. They are there, you just have to be willing to change it up sometimes, and YES we are "spoiled", but since we can't fish most of the year...........we earned it!!!

BIGSHOW

Laporte, i sent you a pm some time back.  I was wondering about the Belleville tournaments

LAPORTE

Quote from: BIGSHOW on May 13, 2016, 07:36:06 PM
Laporte, i sent you a pm some time back.  I was wondering about the Belleville tournaments

Sorry about that Big show.... I must have gotten check happy when cleaning the messages out. The Tuesday night tourneys will start the day after memorial day Tuesday the 31st. I'm not sure which ramp yet ? Ill post when I hear something. the DNR is going to try to keep the ramp open while making the upgrades she told me yesterday. The only exception will be when they do paving for the parking lot.

No Thursday night tourneys that I know of...  last year they only got about 3 boats a week most of the season.. while the Tuesday night group had roughly 25 to 30 a week avg

Don LaPorte

BIGSHOW

Yeah let me know.  Are you doing the opening day tournament?  I've done it the last couple years. Came in second. I may have to find a partner if you know of anyone good?

LAPORTE

No opening day for me.. I'm always up north, some guy name Larry usually runs the opening day tourney ... good luck on the partner. post here I'm sure someone will jump in ..

Don LaPorte