Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Help with Minn Kota Trolling Motor

Started by Revtro, April 20, 2016, 08:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

This is my first Minn Kota.  I picked it up used and it's in great shape.  I installed in on the side of the boat I needed to, but the cable is facing outward.  If I rotate the shaft to make the cable inside the boat, it's steers basically all backward.  I'm concerned about it getting caught on a dock this way.  I am leery of taking it apart, but is there a way to rotate the head of the unit around so the cable is no longer outside the boat, but keep it steering properly the way it is now?  Am I making any sense?  I've always had Motorguides, which I knew how to disassemble.  What am I getting into if I try to disassemble the head unit?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

you need to rotate the gear under the top cap of the motor.  Not a hard job.

Google what you need to do.  There are quite a few threads and some videos explaining what you need to do.

FrickerDude

What Dartag said!  I moved my TM from my old rig to my new rig last week and when I took it out sunday it was driving me crazy.  Went home Removed the 4 screws in the head to remove cap, then lift white sleeve with the cables straight up off the gear and rotate white sleeve till you are happy.  Put white sleeve back on gear, make sure all wires are tucked in nicely, put cap on and then the 4 screws and your done.  Make sure that you arrow is pointing in the right direction when putting the top back on. 

You can do it !
FrickerDude

Revtro

Cool, thanks guys for the advice.  I tried googling it yesterday and couldn't find any such directions.  So this really helps.  I'm gonna try it today.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

Short version is.   Put the motor prop rearward centered cables positioned where you want them..   Remove the top cap,  Loosen Steering cables on foot pedal.  Lift the rubber piece / gear holding the cables so they don't pop out. Rotate the gear around until the foot pedal is in mid position.   tighten the steering cable screw on the foot pedal.  Reinstall the top cap with the arrow on the red cap forward.  That should do it.