Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Mile Roads----April 27, 2008

Started by Skulley, April 28, 2008, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I arrived at the launch at about 0620 and was on my way down the canal out toward the Mile Roads at 0630.  I first visited the old cribbages near Masonic.  I stayed there and made several drifts from 5 FOW out to 9 FOW.  Through the drifts I would say that I was catching 12 to 14 bass an hour including 4  :o  largemouths.  They didn't like any thing swimming.  I did catch some on a trap but most of my fish came right off the bottom on tubes using a 3/16 oz. weight and rattle.  Anytime there was bottom structure there was fish.  When I caught a fish during the drift I would throw a marker down and fish around it for about 10 to 20 minutes and would usually pick up 4 to 6 more fish.  Plenty of 2 and 2.5 pounders.  Biggest in this area was about 4 with some occasional 3's.  Some colors were better than others.  I pinpointed it down to two different colors that caught the most fish.  I drifted this area until about 0930 and then moved north to the 400 Club Apartments.

Once down by the 400 Club Apartments, I made several drifts from 5 FOW out to about 10 FOW.  I caught most fish in the 6 to 9 FOW range.  I caught about the same quality there however I caught fewer per hour here as it was about 9 to 11 fish per hour.  I fished the same way dropping a marker everytime I hooked up.  Here I caught a big largemouth :o over 3 pounds.  Again they wanted something right on the bottom.  Caught a few here on a trap and a wiggle wart but they really wanted something crawling on the bottom.  Tried a quite a few different color tubes here as the water was not as clear as it was at Masonic and it is only about a mile and a half away.  Again it was the same two color tubes that caught most fish at Masonic that worked here. 

At 1130 hours I went over to a spot I had fished a couple of years ago with Got Fish?? in between the 400 Club and Masonic.  Here I drifted in the same way and did the samethings I had been doing all morning long.  I caught even fewer fish per hour as the number dropped to 7 to 9 fish per hour.  Again many 2's and a couple of 3's. 

At about 1300 I moved just south of Masonic and fished several drifts including a couple which were identical to the drifts earlier in the day.  The fish per hour stayed at about 7 to 9 until I packed it up and took off to go home. 

For eight hours fishing I caught in the neighborhood of 80 plus fish mostly on two different color tubes.  Several were largemouths including the one I already mentioned as the biggest largie of the day.  Biggest fish of the day was a smallie that went about 4.  All in all it was fun.   ;D

Conditions were cold front with a stiff breeze out of the WSW at about 10 mph gusting to 15.  Water was clear for the most part with water temps ranging from 56 to 58 degrees.  Can't wait for next week.  Once you go to St. Clair or Erie it's hard to go anywhere else.

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fiker

Is Masonic the white pavilion type tent like thing?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

It was also nice to see so many (three to be exact) paper tournaments being put on by clubs.  Lake Nepessing Bass Club was out there along with the St. Clair Bums and Babes.  I thought the third was Oakland Bassmasters but I could be wrong.  It was Oakland something or other........... ???   ???   ???

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassmandan

oakland county bass anglers were out there for our st.clair c&r tournament, i didnt go but i probably should have  :-\'
"dont stop keep fishing"