Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:59:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

3rd annual "CHILLER THRILLER" Kent lk.

Started by bassinman#1, October 13, 2007, 07:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassinman#1

This is an Open team tournament on Kent lk. Saturday. Oct, 27th  Sign ups start at 6:00am. at the east launch. The fee is $100.00 and $10.00 big bass pot. Call Benny for more info. 248-887-1129 ;D

Durand Dan

I'll be there if I can trick someone into fishing with me ;D I don't think last years partner cared for the 40mph wind gusts, snow, sleet and rain ;)

BryanP

Is take off position determined by order of entry received, or do they draw?

Cheetam

Quote from: BryanP on October 17, 2007, 04:22:29 PM
Is take off position determined by order of entry received, or do they draw?
I'm pretty sure the past two years have been draw.
Jeff

bassinman#1

dartag

what time are you fishing.  me and cheetam will be there but i have to get out of there asap.  are we all getting a 5 pound spot since BMC and Kev are fishing together.  them boys are on fire out there. weather looks nicer than last year.

ss

bassinman#1

I would not worry about brian and kev, by the time chiller thriller rolls around, their spots will be beat up to hell and back again. The tourney will end around 3:00 pm or 3:30.

fishon1219

Benny,
We cant beat up all our stuff on tuesday because we are saving it for the Chiller. So we decided to beat up on your spots ;)

For anybody thinking of fishing the Chiller Thriller stop thinking and just come out and do it. It is almost the last event of the year and the fishing on Kent at that time is awsome. 

Just the feeling and excitment at the ramp that morning is worth the price of admission. Everybody kinda hangs all together and there are lots of stories about how everybody is on a 25lb stringer.

Lots of fun.

The best part is everybody wears a costume. Most people come dressed like Eskimo's, and the rest come dressed like Fisherman.

Come out and have a great time, and than join us after the event for the Hooters warm up party. Nothing better to wrap cold hands around than a big frosty mug of beer.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

dartag

weather report

Mostly Sunny High
58°F

Precip 20%

as for costumes

guess we have to decide " Speedos " or  " Thongs "  not sure what cheetam likes best.

bassinman#1

Maybe we can all dress up and look like tony yancy manchy and hope we get on the big smallmouth.

Waterfoul

Is Kent Lake no wake at all times?

This is the 27th, right?  Some one above quoted weather for that day... more than a week in advance...
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Durand Dan

Kent has a 10mph limit. As far as the weather report, it sounds like wishful thinking ;D

dartag

Quote from: Durand Dan on October 20, 2007, 05:59:03 AM
Kent has a 10mph limit. As far as the weather report, it sounds like wishful thinking ;D

after last year with heavy rain, high winds and snow flakes the size of silver dollars it has to be better.   i can still hear my partner moaning.   

here is the weather link.  if you can believe them.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Forecast.aspx?location=USMI0681

Durand Dan

10 day forecast looks good! I'm going to use it as evidence to get someone to fish it with me ;D

bosshawg

out on kent this morning. awful windy and fish not cooperating. was a mid-west tournament going on that we not did fish. don't know how they did. our 5hr outing only produced 2 keeper largemouths and 1 dink. water temps 57-59degs., water stained.
hoping the weather does stay nice. last year we had snowflakes the size of vw's, cold & windy....
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Waterfoul

Well, if anyone needs a back seater... I might be up for it. 

We fished our little club today on Crockery Lake near Sparta.  3 fish took it (tough day!!) with a total of 8lbs 3oz.  Big fish was 3lb 13oz.  Just happens all these were all mine so we won all the money.  But man what a tough day.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

Bender... got your email tonight.  If you know the lake well enough to put us near some fish I'll take your backseat!!  I'll give you a call on Thursday afternoon.

Mike

Waterfoul

What time is "blast off" for this event???

Durand Dan

Waterfoul

Yeah, I guess "blast off" is kinda difficult on a 10mph lake! 

oooooooozzzzz of is probably more to the point.

Sea you guys there tomorrow a.m.