Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Attention Michigan Bass Tournament Directors

Started by djkimmel, December 09, 2015, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

If you want updates straight from the MDNR Fisheries Division on the updates to the now 2016 required Michigan Fishing Tournament Information System (MFTIS) status please send your email, phone number, name and circuit(s) to me at tournaments 'at' greatlakesbass.com.

That will give me permission to share your contact information with the MDNR policy person and bass tournament liaison so they can notify you of the status directly.

ALL bass tournaments are required to put their tournaments on the MFTIS for 2016. It won't be ready until sometime after January 1, 2016 because of the changes they are making in it.

• It is free to enter your tournaments on the MFTIS.
  • It is not a reservation system.
  • Ramps are still first-come, first-serve to all persons using them.
  • Limits are being removed so more than one tournament can sign up on the same ramp the same day but the ramp is still open to everyone and first-come, first-serve as always.
  • It will cover ALL boat ramps not just MDNR boat ramps.
  • ALL BASS tournaments must register on it.
  • The MDNR also wants the results from your tournament after you have it.
  • There is an entry system on the MFTIS for results.
  • If it you do not put your tournaments on the MFTIS it is possible you will be denied from having future events.
  • Go to www.michigan.gov/fishingtournaments to shortcut to the MFTIS.

The tournament permit system is still in existence though we are talking about doing away with it if Parks and Law Enforcement Divisions agree to it since there are only 39 lakes on the list and the MFTIS could also be used as a notice to everyone of an upcoming event.

PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANY TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS YOU KNOW SO WE CAN TRY TO GET ALL OF THEM ACROSS MICHIGAN AND NEARBY STATES WHO COME HERE AWARE OF THIS NEW REQUIREMENT. THANKS.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

I have registered and have a user ID.  Like you said you can't begin entering tournaments until Jan 1.   I will be running a CFB Tuesday Morning Solo series in the Oakland County area.  It will be Tuesday mornings from 8am-1pm.   More info to follow.

djkimmel

Did you give them an email address and phone number? I'm assuming yes.

The request we made for the future was to be able to enter tournaments in a rolling 12 month period rather than January - just an FYI. I hope that is one of the changes they make.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Kal-Kevin

okay my question is what if some one does not register and has a tournament anyways, is there any fine for not registering it? I know guys that run tournaments and will not take the time to do it!

dartag

Quote from: Kal-Kevin on January 05, 2016, 09:52:17 PM
okay my question is what if some one does not register and has a tournament anyways, is there any fine for not registering it? I know guys that run tournaments and will not take the time to do it!

Good question

I entered all my events earlier this week.   I read through everything and didn't see this topic covered. 

djkimmel

It is required by regulation. That makes it enforceable but they do not intend to start enforcing it immediately. There was talk in the past of telling tournament directors who don't register and get caught that they cannot hold anymore tournaments the following year so that is a possibility if there are major problems with compliance.

Since the results could possibly be used to demonstrate how good our bass populations are, and maybe that bass tournaments don't harm the bass populations it will be worthwhile for tournament directors to enter their tournaments AND follow up by entering their results.

Enter your tournaments now because they will be copied over to the new Michigan Fishing Tournament Information System when they goes live in probably mid-March with new and much-improved features for entering results.

djkimmel

If you have boat ramps that you don't find in the MFTIS today (check again because more have been added) still please email them to me at tournaments@greatlakesbass.com to help get them added to the system. You can also contact Tom Goniea - our bass tournament liaison in the MDNR Fisheries Division to talk to him about the system, boat ramps, etc. His number is 517-284-5825.

dartag

Guess I will give Tom a call this morning.  I have a CFB scheduled on Kent Lake.  I registered with the park and have the day reserved. 

dartag

Had a great conversation with Tom.  Figured it would go OK when he didn't hang up when I mentioned your name.  The short version is if you have an event on a lake that is not on the list call him and he will let you know what to send him.

MichiganBass80

So I am having a discussion about wanting to start a Bass club.  The question of registering tournaments and permits has come up. I know you have to register your tournament, but are there any fees for permits that you need to have/get?  Are there fees when registering you tournament on the DNR website? Basically what are the costs for having a tournament, is there a permit you need to get/pay for a specific lake?

dartag

No fees to sign up.  Just have to get a user id and password.  Register your lake, date and times.  There will be another page to register results after the event.  Not hard to use.  If you have any other questions call Tom Goniea at 517-284-5825..   He seems like a great guy and answered my questions when I entered my series of tournaments.

stackenem

Is this something we can look at to see who is having tournaments or is it just to register them? It would be nice if they had a page for anyone that wanted to see who is fishing where and when and if it is an open or not.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

TheFishinPollock

Theres one here for the kalkaska sherriff that died last yere on skeg on june 9th bill. Ya can sign up on the kalkaska sherriff's web page
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

stackenem

June 9th is a Thursday I won't be up till the 11th. Staying a week again.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

You can search for bass tournaments by county and by lake. You can search on a map too to find tournaments. Anyone can find tournaments and information about them.

Actual tournament results reported back are private though the MDNR may release summary results later.

TheFishinPollock

I ment July 9th Bill. I had a moment......
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc