Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake St. Clair

Started by Firefighter Jeff, December 02, 2015, 12:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

Is anyone still out there fishing???  I've never fished it past the middle of October.  Is it worth a 3 plus our trip for a couple days??  Might get a chance to go if the winds are favorable.  Have no clue where to fish or what to use.  If I were to go it'd be American waters.  Thanks in advance for any imput.

Jay-MadWags

I would say don't waste your time. Especially if you are driving 3 hours to fish it. The lake is usually dirty based on strong winds this time of year. Most of the fish winter in Canadian waters. That being said. I did catch 15 largemouth this past Sunday in the Detroit River. Water temps 44 to 47.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

djkimmel

If you're not going to run to Canadian waters I kind of agree that your options will be pretty limited this time of year based on past trips in late November and early December. You could possibly get into some largemouth and maybe a spot or two with some smallies but it will depend on the water quality. If that is off you may just get casting practice.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Yikes,  ok, thanks guys.  I thought it might be better fishing conditions.

djkimmel

It might be depending on the weather and where the muddy water is but the bulk of the 'good' fishing this time of the year is in Canadian waters out deep. The current on the U.S. side makes less and smaller wintering areas so you can't count on them depending on the weather.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.