Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2016 Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit Volunteers Schedule

Started by djkimmel, December 01, 2015, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I can take a 3pm to 5pm spot on Thursday along with the Friday that you already have me down for.

BD                                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Make sure you check out the latest exhibitor info in the private UFS Volunteers' board if you haven't already.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

How is this show compared to the one in Grand Rapids ???

djkimmel

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on December 17, 2015, 09:39:15 PM
  How is this show compared to the one in Grand Rapids ???

Better bass speakers at seminars overall with Z, KVD and Joe Thomas all coming Thursday, Friday and Saturday respectively. Not quite as much fishing tackle overall as at Grand Rapids but some really nice stuff from people like Mike's RX Baits who don't make the Grand Rapids show usually. If you ever think about doing any ice fishing it has a big ice fishing section in addition to all the other fishing tackle and gear.

It's a very nice road trip for a day in January barring severe weather. Nice break from cabin fever!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

capt charlie's charters

Quotecapt Charlie -  thurs 3pm - 6pm,  Fri 2pm - 4pm.   are you doing the grand rapids show ?

I will put you down for those times. And yes, I am doing the Grand Rapids Ultimate Sport Show too. I will put the schedule up sometime in February for that one.

Capt. Charlie, can you update the email address on your GreatLakesBass.com profile account? The email address on there right now is coming back as no longer valid (comcast.net). Thanks.

capt charlie's charters

email has been updated, thanks and sorry bout that.  so I have to request a pass for both days to work the booth ?

YpsiBass

Quote from: capt charlie's charters on December 21, 2015, 01:22:25 AM
email has been updated, thanks and sorry bout that.  so I have to request a pass for both days to work the booth ?

When you pick up your volunteer's badge, that gets you into the show for free for the entire convention.  I suggest you pick up the weekly pass for parking though.  It's a couple bucks more, but worth it.

djkimmel

There's more details in the private board about getting your exhibitors badge that is good for the entire show. You will check in at the booth through the exhibitor's entrance (only exhibitors can enter there) and tell them you are working for GreatLakesBass.com. They may ask for your ID when you give them your name to get your badge.

Anyone going to the show 2 or more days who comes in on Thursday can buy a 4-day parking pass for $10. Just ask the parking attendant for a 4-day pass when you arrive. He should have it there at the West entrance on your way in to door 2.

PM me if  you have any questions about how this works or use my contact information on the private board posts.

Waterfoul

Looks like Marc and I will be there either Friday or Saturday.  Not sure which day yet, but when we know we'll put in for some time.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Okay. That would be great. Especially on Saturday but I'll take either one.

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Waterfoul

Put Marc (fasttrack) down for noon-2 on Saturday.  Looking forward to it again this year.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Quote from: Waterfoul on December 31, 2015, 04:25:23 PM
Put Marc (fasttrack) down for noon-2 on Saturday.  Looking forward to it again this year.

Marc AND you, or just Marc?

djkimmel

Updated to the best of my knowledge at the moment. Let me know if changes. I still need more help on Saturday especially from 2pm to 5pm because I will be gone at the Ultimate Bass Clinic. Thanks!

Mojo

Dan- If you have members who may be shy, but want to help - I can offer to have them join me in the booth, and I can take them through the routine including:

• Ease of engaging somewhat interested passing persons
  • Presenting the, "Why not" and "What GLB can offer a person if they sign up"
  • Learn to quickly find out what a person wants / needs, then show them how GLB can help with their want / need
  • Friendly exit - whether they sign up or not

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Manxfishing

Quote from: djkimmel on December 31, 2015, 05:20:50 PM
Updated to the best of my knowledge at the moment. Let me know if changes. I still need more help on Saturday especially from 2pm to 5pm because I will be gone at the Ultimate Bass Clinic. Thanks!

Dan, I'm out of town right now.
But should be back in on Tue or Wen. So put me down for Sat

djkimmel

Quote from: Mojo on January 03, 2016, 01:50:58 AM
Dan- If you have members who may be shy, but want to help - I can offer to have them join me in the booth, and I can take them through the routine including:

• Ease of engaging somewhat interested passing persons
  • Presenting the, "Why not" and "What GLB can offer a person if they sign up"
  • Learn to quickly find out what a person wants / needs, then show them how GLB can help with their want / need
  • Friendly exit - whether they sign up or not

We'll see if anyone takes you up on that offer. I try to make it easy on everyone who volunteers by not pushing their interactions too much, but it really is easy to work the booth. People pretty much all like talking fishing and they usually have general questions.

djkimmel

Quote from: Manxfishing on January 03, 2016, 08:48:16 AM
Quote from: djkimmel on December 31, 2015, 05:20:50 PM

Dan, I'm out of town right now.
But should be back in on Tue or Wen. So put me down for Sat

Thanks Manxfishing! I appreciate it very much!

Mojo

Dan - Son - doctors at 5. See you at 7 Thursday. Good news - I will either join the booth Saturday 3-5, 5-7 or 7-9 whichever you need most help, and when I can get away from my other booth.

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan