Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:54:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Northern Michigan Smackdown. Big Swimbaits and Jigs (warning pics of hogs)

Started by brg_bassmaster, October 13, 2015, 05:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brg_bassmaster

Well i just finished up my 30 days of leave back home in the great state of michigan. I literally did not have one day of bad fishing. My last day out we caught 21.5lbs on our best 5 largemouth all on jigs in 40 degree weather and rain right after some serious cold fronts. Fall bite is just kicking off in Mi get out on the water. What i loved best is we were the only people on the water on any lake we picked this time of yr. They are either bowhunting or to cold to get out lol.  What a riot. Also was hammering them on the MS slammer swim bait. 2 6lbrs outta the kayak within 1 hr of each other. Had to find ppl on the shore to take pics. Love throwing the big baits. Usually only get a few bites but they are normally giants.  Man i didnt want to come back to arizona but had to be done...unless i wanted to be AWOL lol. Enjoy the pictures.

19lb bag of smallies

21.5lb bag of largies

6.56lb slammer beast

6.37lb Slammer beast 1 hr after the first outta the kayak.

Another fatty on the slammer

Smaller bag of smallies 2nd day after the first picture

Another slammer fatty

Firefighter Jeff

brg_bassmaster

It was awesome jeff. Plus i made my buddies believers in the big baits

Big dreams

robhj

Great post & pics. I used to mostly target muskies and would regularly catch nice bass on larger muskie baits. Looks like I need to dust off a few big swim baits and try to catch me some big bass! At $40+, I wouldn't feel safe throwing those MS Slammers on anything but braid because knowing my luck, Mr. Toothy would make sure to cut it off as soon as I make my first cast!

brg_bassmaster

Haha rob thats what i thought too. But ive caught 14 bass and 1 pike. All the research i did anout slammers ppl say they rarely catch pike. Which was my experince. Only a few bites every trip out. But always big fish. Had some of the biggest exploaions ive ever seen.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.