Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

NewGLB Fan

Started by DOWD, February 04, 2006, 10:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOWD

Josie Elizabeth Dowd born 2/3/06.

She has a blessing in disguise. My wife and I found out in Dec that she would be born with a birth deforminity called Aperts Sydrome. As you can see, her fingers are fused together at the tips. This occurred on both hands and all the toes are fused together likewise. The chances of having a baby born with this is 1 in 160,000 births. I had better chance winning the 2006 Classic. Also with the syndrome, comes a problem with skull. The sutures in the skull plate fused together while she developed in the womb. This causes her not to have a forehead and her eyes look like one of those things from the movie Gremlins (remember the soft nice ones?) In about 3 to 9 months the doctors will, this is the sweet part, remove her skull, from her head, fix it, and bolt it back into place all the while she sits on the table sleeping. She will have the surgeries till she is about 10 or 12 years old. The finger deal will be taken care of before she will attend school.
Her and momma will return home Monday, as the boy and I will be watching the Superbowl at home and not the hospital. Check out her web site at www.josie.bigwaterbass.com
Also the Aperts web site is www.aperts.org
Sorry Dan about the link, I hope no one is offended by it.

Mark Dowd,
See on the Water

yukonjack2

Dowd:

congrats - They are precious reguardless of the adversity to be overcome.  I signed the guestbook, so check it out.

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

djkimmel

I posted Larry's condition web site. I don't have a problem at all with it. We can all learn. Coincidentally, but I recently listened to a book (I listen to talking books on my hour drive to work every day) that had a character family with this syndrome, so I have some curiosity about it.

I like to learn about things and I have been in the medical field pretty much my entire adult life.

Children are precious no matter what. Your new daughter is a gift and I know you'll cherish her and help her through any challenges she, and your family face.

This can be a challenging world, but family makes it worth living. Congratulations on your newest member Josie. And may everything work out to the best as you go along through this life your family and she have been given.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Mark,

Congratulations to your wife and you on your new baby girl Josie Elizabeth.  I told my 11 year old daughter (my NBAA partner) and the rest of my family about her and her condition.  We will include her and your family in all our prayers keeping in mind that all her issues will be solved and that she will be your partner out on the water in the future.   :D     Regards.

BD        ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Dan

I would like to add my congratulations. My niece had a baby in August and weighed in a a pound and eight ounces. The doctors do miracles with these little ones now a days and her baby is now over 11 pounds. We will keep you family and your doctors in our prayers.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

DOWD

Thanks to everyone, especially the people that visited her site. She will be coming home on Monday. I thnk God that its just physical issues. Her craniofacial doctor is the best in the world. People travel here to MI to get him to work on their kids. A bonus is he also does headlights, so maybe my wife got hers fixed up. (Just Kidding Kellie).

Thanks again..
Mark Dowd

See you on the water

Savage

Congratulations!  That is a great site that she has there.....   what a blessing she will be for your family. :)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks