Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Stren Detroit river weights look great!!!!

Started by motocross269, August 15, 2007, 04:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

Joe Balog has over 22lbs and a whole bunch of anglers weighed over 20lbs.
Looks like they had a great day out there...I am sooooo Jealous.  Next year for sure.

djkimmel

Lots of friends and GLB members/regulars kicking butt too! Topped off by my friend Ben Felton who is burning things up these past few seasons.

2nd on the co-angler side in the FLW a few weeks ago. 10th Sunday in the Wonderland Open, and now sitting in 6th place on the boater side with over 20 in the Stren!!! Go get 'em Ben!!

I see some of the other kicking bass too - GLB visitor Joe Balog is leading - I thought he might be due for a big tournament. GLB visitor Mike Trombley sits solid in 9th place. Super nice guy and great bass angler!

Bunch of Michigan and Great Lakes anglers sitting very well. GLB member Steve Clapper is still in the hunt with a 34th place showing for the first day. He had a tough day Sunday, but you know he will bounce right back with a big play the very next time out.

Hey, there's fish and chick magnet (and GLB member) Jose Garza sitting in 53rd too. A number of GLB members doing well. Looks like Bryan Coates is spotting everyone a little weight before he comes on big again. He's been pretty hot lately too so I expect he'll make a strong run tomorrow.

On the co-angler side, looks like jcox7 and Curado Kev are holding things up strong for GLB members in 7th and 11th so far. I see a whole bunch more names of members and anglers I know still in the hunt. I still don't know who a lot of the members on here are so I'll wait and see who comes on and says, 'hey, such and such a place is me' before I name too many names and leave someone out by accident.

Who else recognizes some names on there?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

SethV

Quote from: djkimmel on August 15, 2007, 10:36:24 PM
Hey, there's fish and chick magnet (and GLB member) Jose Garza sitting in 53rd

Yeah, he was nice enough to let his Chick co-angler get big bass!!  Nice guy to let the ladies catch the big ones!!   ;D ;D :D :D

DDBethke

Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

225XS4Garza200PXL

Yeah... it made me sick netting that fish for her... but i'm happy she got all the big bites... (sense the sarcasm)

It was the reoccuring trend the whole week... i'd catch a short or a small keeper... they'd catch a 4 lber...

Oh well... always next year...
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

CuradoKev

I had a great time this week and ended up 40th. Day 1 for 18-5 was my biggest bag on the east side with my personal best smallie of 5-5. So that was fun...

Needed a limit yesterday to make the cut, but didn't happen. Oh well, going through all the would have, could have and should have thrown this scenario's  ;D

Anybody hear what happened to the boat the flipped and half-sunk in LSC ? FLW director told my friend they flipped it, I hope they were all right.

Go Brian and Renee !! On the net at 4pm...

Later Ckev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

djkimmel

Just when you're having fun and enjoying the day, FLIP! A nightmare. Any updates on this would be appreciated.

I'm still trying to figure out how to spread safe driving across our highways and waterways. Life is too short and too precious for a bad decision or misfortune, or both to mess it up.

I talked to Ben today... the big ones got off yesterday, but he's happy with 21st on the boater side! Nice picture of some whoppers!!

Congrats to everyone who got out of it safe and sound, and especially those who finished in the money!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

jcox7

well the tournamnent was great for me heres a quick recap:
Day 1; I drew a guy named steve he was nice but not on any fish so we went to one of my favorite spots and I wacked them 19 keepers that day a total of 19.1
Day 2; I drew local pro Art Ferguson he was a great guy we ran around a bit we caught a few fish off another one of my drifts but they were not there the way I hoped finished up with over 14
Day 3; I got to fish with Mr. Steve Clapper and boy did he ever wack them it is scary to think that he never really fishes St. Clair and went out there and just creamed them I ended with over 16 lbs but I had nothing to do with it they were all his fish I just got to enjoy the ride.
Day 4; In second place overall I really thought I could win this thing I was 3 lbs out but knew from talking to the leader that he was in trouble come the final day his name was Robert and he was probably one of the 20 best anglers there out of everyone he was the boater points champion in the texas ttt trail this year with bags of over 30lbs on amistad but he would be fishing 40 feet plus and he had never done anything like that.  I was confident that my boater was on pigs and if they were there I knew I could catch them I had 2 fish in the first 15 min there but they were small after that we both knew that the school either had moved or were just to beat up there were 3 flw pros and my boater all shareing info and that spot 3 of them made the final day and all went there together but the fish were gone.  We ran around and caught a fish here and there but never got on them with about 45 min to go we went to a spot I had and filled our limit in about 5 min but this spots only holds little fish lots of them but never big ones it is a good spot if you need that one to fill your limit but wen you need two or three it is a bad deal. 

Finished in 5th place but it was a great time for anyone that can get the time next year it really not that much money and the things you can learn are priceless.

CuradoKev

Congrats on your finish !! It was a fun time and gotta love being able to fish for 3 days guaranteed. I'm glad they switched this up.

I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

Good job, Ckev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

djkimmel

I heard you had a GOOD tournament jcox! Ben told me I think... That Steve Clapper is something else too. He makes it look like anyone can just throw any little ol' bait just anywhere and load the boat with big smallies that won't stop biting!

canvsbk

Congrats to Brian and Renee!! Pretty awesome, 2nd and 2nd.(and it was actually kinda nice not to have them at the Thursday nighter - we got to fish for 1st instead of 2nd for a change..)
Oh, by the way - they sent us about 15 XL pizzas to eat before we took off too, a class act those two for sure.
Look past what they want you to see.

DanM

I fished the Boater side and finished 43rd..  :'(

I had a great pre-fish and had a few different areas with an afternoon bite and a morning bite going....but I didn't get the big bites...all my non-boaters did.. ???..Day one...non-boater= 2 big 4's ...day two...non-boater=1 mid 5 and two mid 4's.....

Wed...first three fish were all over 4 and lost all three...took me out of the game for a good part of the day managed too salavge a 16+ limit...

Thursday blew my alternator belt at 10:00am and limped back 1.5 hrs early....and friday was much better...blew my powerhead... >:(

I would say it was a good expereince but I would like to forget it....lol

Later...

BTW..Congrats to Kris T on your 4th place..he was my day two non-boater

djkimmel

Well... if it's any consolation Dan, I had a report that someone saw a GLB decal EVEN on a Canuck... and I knew who he was talking about right away!! Now, I did not think about you until AFTER all your misfortune, so I did not jinx you! What's that saying? What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? Is that any consolation?

DanM

hey Dan ...I think your right....I thought I was gonna be killed after that ride through the detroit river friday/thursday.........ouch....do u now where I can purchase a kidney belt?...kidding

Thanks for the words of advice.

djkimmel

Unfortunately... the Detroit River will probably only kill you... not make you stronger.

Maybe it should be a punishment for certain crimes? Judge: "For your petty theft conviction... I sentence you to three round trips through the Detroit River INCLUDING the Ambassador Bridge stretch on plane with at least two being summer holiday weekends. The sentence will be carried out in a 15 year old 17 foot Hydrasport!"