Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Wonderland Marine Open - WHO WON?

Started by blakstr1, August 13, 2007, 07:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

I'm anxious to here who won this year and some of the weights!!

Thanks
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

McCarter

Doug Cummings won with 25lbs 15 ounces.  I did not get to see the fish but you can imagine what a 26 lb bag looks like.  Awesome.  He also had big fish with a 6 lber.  I dont remember his partners name.

I talked to Doug right after he got his trophy and check.  He said they thought they had around 24.5 lbs.  But when they put them on the scale, he about fell over.  He was pretty taken back by the whole thing and seemed numb when i was talking to him.  I asked him if he had spoken to his wife yet and how she reacted.  He told me she just started balling.  I have known Doug and his wife for a couple years now and i know why they both were choked up about the win.  He has been at it hard for 12 years and it finally paid off on a big scale.   

The good news is, this should really help his guide service out. 

Doug posts a lot on LSCN.net as jighead.  I dont know if he gets this way much tho.  But keep your eyes peeled for a write up from him on the LSCN.net forums.

Congrats to Doug and family and his partner and his family as well.  I dont know that anyone has worked harder out there. 

As far as the other weights, there were alot of 20+ lb bags.  Wonderland should have results posted shortly.  But Jose Garza and Vic Cerebone had 19lbs 13 oz for 14th place.  Thanks to those guys too for the awesome plug while up on stage.  They pumped up my goby bait for me good.  Cant beat that!

McCarter himself :-\'

blakstr1

I saw some congrats on the lscn.net site for him late yesterday, figured he must of won or did well.  awesome..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

j690

just want to congradulate Doug !!! good job fished with you last year as your co angler in the super bfl last year, your a good guy evan when things dont go that well for you .way to stick em !will congradulate in person at the next bfl .jay

Jighead

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

And Jay, I remember fishing with you at the super tournament.  Things got off to a bad start that day because I wanted to go fish the area where we just won the Wonderland and the weather wasn't cooperating.  I had just found those fish about a week prior and was pretty upset about not getting to go try them.  So we went with plan B and things turned out pretty good anyway with you making the cut.

That day I chickened out only because the lake was looking pretty rough and I just didn't want to take it on.  Well I learned my lesson, and applied it this past Sunday.  We knew we had the fish to do pretty well up there in the Wonderland and we had no reason not to go get them.  We were going to go come heck or high water.  We just focused on doing what we knew we had to do, and we did it.  And things turned out better than we could have ever expected.

I'll post more details about the day as soon as I have time.  It was the most fantastic 3 1/2 hours of fishing I have ever experienced.  Thanks again guys.

Doug 
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com