Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:04:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hackney's Article on Bassmaster.com

Started by Dan, June 21, 2015, 11:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

I think he should have talked to the angler the first day to possibly alleviate any future problem. I don't agree that the other angler 'owes' him the spot if they both found it regardless of their standings the day before - that is great wishful thinking but part of being a bass tournament angler is adapting to constantly changing variables of all kinds, and living and dying by one spot is always going to be high risk, possibly worth it due to possible high reward, but definitely high risk of complete or partial failure.

I believe all spots are first-come, first-serve every day, but communicating is a great way to try to work something mutual out. I've done it at times, and I recognize it isn't always easy to do because there have been times I failed to communicate too, and often regretted it.

I don't believe in 'owning' a spot and try to give the benefit of the doubt to most people that maybe they found it too on their own. Sure, I've had people come in on me too, and even get mad when I've said something but in every case I only said something because I was there FIRST and the person came in casting practically or in reality over my line.

I had a guy that was particularly rude on Lake St. Clair for years about casting over my line and throwing his marker buoy on mine to be annoying. In every case, I was there first and still to this day don't know who this guy was or why he felt he had to harass me so much? I think met his 'dad' once too when this older fella backtrolled about 20 feet from my boat right up the little drop I was already there casting too. I had to warn him that he was going to backtroll right into my buoy line and get it tangled.

He proceeded to chew me out good for being a scummy bass tournament angler who thinks I own the lake. All I was thinking is that I didn't want my bouy tangled in his prop, nor did I believe he wouldn't have also chewed me out but good if I had setup on the same line and backtrolled right into him forcing him to move off 'his' spot. Do unto other AS you would have them do unto you, not pretend the rules are the same for everyone while not applying those same rules to yourself. Simple.

If people would always applies the same rules to THEMSELVES that they try to apply to everyone else, I think the world would be a better place.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Sounds like Sour Grapes for a finish out of the money.

djkimmel

Somewhat like sour grapes and if he only had one spot it is just easier to have sour grapes. You've got to have Plan A, Plan B, Plan C or you'll have higher odds of sour grapes.

I like how people keep mentioning Denny Brauer. I have never felt he was fair or a good sportsperson when he laid into Jonathon VanDam. I thought he sounded like a big baby and not very professional. After only day 1 I still think it's anyone's game. Maybe after day 3 that changes a little, but you only have 12 people fishing too. If they let everyone fish I would continue to hit all my best spots every day no matter what if I was fishing though if someone beat me to a spot I wouldn't butt heads directly with them. I might try to work something out. I might give them a little business if they were only there because they saw me there on previous days (some idiots at least admit that's the only reason they are there...).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Did a little looking.  Hackney is in 29 in AOY points.  Not far from the classic cut off with a couple events remaining.   At this point in the season I am sure that is  weighing on him. 

Not sure it need an article in written about it.  But they need content for there site.

Wonder how many guys read it and said.   " Hey that happened to me last week "...