Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:01:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt and Mullett Lake June 25 - 28

Started by Ufgator, June 14, 2015, 10:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ufgator

Headed to these lakes the last weekend in June.   I just would like someone to recommend a boat launch. I've got maps of each just wonder what launch is preferred.   I've got a Crestliner 1650 Fishhawk to launch and the maps really don't describe the launch.    Thanks.    :D

Team houston

Aloha state park is a nice facility.

MIBasser

Depends on what lake you want to fish.  Burt Lake State Park is nice and plenty of parking.  On Mullett Lake you can launch out on Dodge Point.  That is a DNR launch as well.  You just need to figure out what lake you are fishing first.  It's a hour boat ride from Burt to Mullett. 

bwebber

If you put in at the township launch between the lakes on Indian River(Right in town) you can fish either Burt or Mullet.  Depends on where you're staying??? But I'd put in on the North end of Mullet next to the Marina instead of Aloha, less driving. 

Ufgator

Thanks for the information.   It will be our first time fishing these lakes and you helped me out.   If you had your choice what lures would you be using.   Don't want where you would fish just what lures work up there.   Thanks.   

bwebber

May flies are hatching, Topwater, if not that I would throw spinnerbaits in the wind.  If it's flat than tubes and dropshot or some mid depth crankbaits.

32eml24

Staying on Burt now family trip going in the morning the mayfly hatch is in full swing i will try to remember to post a report going to stay in burt since thats where the place we rented is.

Mojo

Pink or white flukes in the mayfly slicks = deadly
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Ufgator

How about walleye fishing on them. Should I even try or just do some smallmouth fishin?

bwebber

You can troll cranks for the eyes on both lakes.  They've been catching them at the mouth of the Indian on Burt lake jigging with a crawler.  North end of Burt they've been trolling stickbaits and harnesses.

32eml24

Got home from Burt yesterday. Didnt get to fish quite as much as i wanted but was able to get out twice for a few hours so i just stayed in burt. Water temp was about 69 to 70 most places i looked. I did not catch a ton of numbers but most fish were over 3.5 lbs. I did best when it was sunny throwing jerkbaits on the east shore. I caught some fish near greenmans point and then another point further down the lake which im not sure the name of. I only found 3 fish on beds but i didnt have near enough time to see the whole lake so i would hesitate to say theyre done but thats what it seemed like to me for the most part.

32eml24

Here is a picture of a fish off greenmans point just out from the place we stayed after i vacuumed mayflies off my boat for a half hour lol

Ufgator

Fished hard for three days....  Both Burt and Mullett.   Very disappointed in the results .    Threw everything - you name it it was in the water.   Thought we found the place pulled up on a rocky spit saw crawfish roaming a smallmouth .    Fish that spot for a good half hour. Nada.   Talked to the DNR cause they came up and wanted to check our fishing license and livewell.   A ok there.   They said since the mayfly hatch fishing has come to a halt.   We managed a few pike and smallmouth.   Perhaps these lakes are not what they are talked up to be.   We fished from sunrise to about 230 each day - so it wasn't like we just went for a couple of hours.   Hopefully someone else can have fishing success on these lakes.   I'll take LCS any day....

bwebber

The lakes are what they say they are, the mayflies didn't help you out any, it's the biggest hatch we've had in the last few years.