Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

GT Bay report for Mike" I can't put a jacket on properly" S

Started by TheFishinPollock, June 14, 2015, 05:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishinPollock

Spent the day on east bay today. Water temps were high 50's and 1 spot that was 60.  Started at Elk Rapds, nothing, Petoboco , nothing, Sayler park ,missed a good fish. Bottom of the bay , nothing.  Center road launch area, saw schoolsssssssssssss of smallies but no one wanted to eat. Headed up to Old Mission Harbor and again found massive schools of smallies and lakers all mixed together. Litteraly  a couple of hundred fish per school, but the absoutly refuzed to eat. They swam right by a drop shot and tube without even looking at it.  Then saw one that if we would have been able to hook up with her . We would have been calling the DNR for a conformation on weight. Now I know fishermen lie and tell stories and water magnifies a fish, but if she was a pound she was 8. Looked like a florida fish just slowly motoring by.  When we started at 9 am the entire bay was socked in with dense fog.  By the time we left at 4 the fog had cleared , mostly, from the east shore out to the middle. The west side of the bay was completely socked in.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

You're missing the part of the story that explains the title?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Mike S.

You kill me!!  I appreciate the heads up. We will be up there tomorrow no matter what. Do you think the fog had anything to do with it?  I got reports and pics from Saturday up there, and they were crushing the 4's and 5's. Many pics sent to my phone. Thanks again!

TheFishinPollock

I'm pretty sure it was the no wind that made the difference. Wasn't even a light chop any of the places we went all day. You would make a cast and the schools would scatter . The could clearly see your motions from the boat.  There was a gnat hatch going on and saw some mayfly husks floating.   Saturday there was a good wind and it broke up that clarity .
Tomorrow is sunny and some wind. Should be out of the southwest.

Heard on the local radio morning show today. "Mob names " for  people. I think you should be  Mike " the jacket". ;D

1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Mike S.

We had a great time out there yesterday. North winds at 10 to 15. It was pretty calm when we launched around 8. We ran straight south from the East Bay launch. We fished everything from 15 feet to shore, almost all the way across the bay. We ended up with close to 40 fish for the day. We are going back up next Wednesday.  "The Jacket", huh? Sounds tough.

6 lb Smallmouth

I was out there too Mike fishing the same stuff.  Fun day!  Lots of fish.  Fished from daylight to about 1 PM.  Only reason I left was because my wife was getting hungry.
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

Firefighter Jeff

Will be up in Ludington for a week startng tomorrow.  Hope to meke it up there for a day.  Just not sure which one yet.  If ya see a steel blue 294 Stratos with a flag decal Etec, wave me down.   :)

TheFishinPollock

1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

superbird

Hey guys, I'll be out on the bay's today and Sunday. If anyone is out feel free to say hi, I ve got a white Stratos 19ss. I'm hoping to explore and find some new areas if I'm lucky.

6 lb Smallmouth

So much bent pole patterning going out there today.  If I can cast my tube in your boat, you're too darn close.  Read how bad LSC was this May.   

TheFishinPollock

Thats why i went to charlvoix jerkbait, at 9 am i was only the  3rd trailer in the lot
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

6 lb Smallmouth

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on June 20, 2015, 08:12:50 PM
Thats why i went to charlvoix jerkbait, at 9 am i was only the  3rd trailer in the lot

I suggested that to my wife just a little while ago.  I had a feeling once Grisby and Zona did their shows on GTB it would bring out the crowds. 

Mike S.

I will be back up there tomorrow morning. I'm hoping the fishing will be better than last week.

Crankinsmallies

Just got back from there.  If you like catching a ton of 2lb males on beds that's the place for you.  We had a 6 boat club tournament up there on Saturday and 16lbs won it.  It was terrible, all of the big females were still on the break waiting to come up.  The spawn isn't what it should be yet.  I would think this week it would be in full swing, but that's what I thought last week. Good luck.