Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anyone fished Crooked Lake near Delton?

Started by Waterfoul, July 29, 2007, 08:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

Might be doing a fun weeknight tournament here in the future.  Never even see this lake.  Any advice would be appreciated.  What kind of cover is there?  Sunken islands?  Docks?  Directions to the ramp from Grand Rapids area?

Thanks.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

fasttrack

I have been there for a couple small tournaments. Took 2nd place at one and skunked at the other. I guess my opinion of the lake is 'indifferent'. I live just south of GR and this is how I get there:
131 to Shelbyville exit. East until it ends (at Gun Lake) - this is Marsh Road. Go south a little ways to Keller Rd. Go east to Norris RdGo south about 5 miles to Delton Rd (kind of a funny 3-way intersection). Go left 1 mile to launch. There are other ways (so take a road map along as these are all country roads) but I think this is the most direct and easiest.

Some decent docks from the launch to the west, then some wood/weeds after that. The last tourney I was at was won right here (the guys outboard was broke so they just used the trolling motor the whole morning and won!) The point on the west that leads into the 1st bay has a nice drop off and usually decent weeds - can follow this break back into the bay a ways too. (In the tourney I took second at a few years ago, the 1st and 3rd place guys fished togther and caught them along this stretch). Caught a few around shallow weeds/sand bar/docks in the 2nd bay on the west also. There is an interesting island straight out from the launch. Some decent breaks and weeds around 3 sides of it. I have not actually fished it much, but a friend hit it pretty good once on topwater on the shallow flat between the island and the east shoreline. The areas I mentioned have plenty to do to fill an evening. The little bit I have explored other areas have been unsuccessful, but I am far from a pro on the lake.

Hope it helps! Let me know how you do, or contact me if you need a partner!!

Marc
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Waterfoul

well, I've fished it twice now... last sat. morning and this morning.  Last week I landed a 5 pounder, lost another one at least 5 lbs at the boat, landed two 3 pounders and several in the 2 lb class.  It was one of my best bass fishing days ever!!  Today the NBAA Div. 5 was having a tourney so I kinda tried to stay out of their way but still managed to catch 5 decent keepers for a total of maybe 10-11 lbs... which if I was in that tourney would have put me solidly into 2nd place.  I did hit some of the places you mentioned both times... and caught some fish in most of those places.

Thanks for the help, and if my 16 year old partner has soccer practice that night (the 22nd of Aug) I may take you up on your offer!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

fasttrack

You caught better fish on my spots than I have - story of my fishing life! Glad to hear you had a good time. I have a very busy weekend coming up, but could try to squeeze in the 22nd if you have an opening - let me know (email me directly in case I don't check this post in a timely manor)

Marc
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil