Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:40:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

ICE OUT?

Started by Got Fish??, March 27, 2015, 05:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got Fish??

When will there be ice  out?  Has anyone  found a lake with open water yet. Or some what  open. Unless it's moving, I've found vary little 

TheFishinPollock

Still have over 20 inches of ice up here. Nothing is really gonan melt till we start getting temps into the 40's overnight and some wind to bust it up.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

gmetime24

Not much here around the Tri-city area. Sanford and wixom are slightly open but that water moves. Latest image of LSC shows some open water but still a lot of ice to move down those rivers

dartag

Union Lake is frozen solid

rudycard72

I was in kzoo today and saw west lake 90% thawed and Austin about 60%, I live in Jackson county and have an early season spot that got me out last sunday. Was a cold day to be in the boat and we couldn't muster a bite, gonna have a few more options  this sunday I  see

Skulley

If we don't get some nights above freezing, we won't have ice out until after tax day April 15.  Orchard, Wolverine, Long, Union, Orion, Pontiac, all have plenty of ice.  There isn't even any open water around the shorelines.  That's where lakes usually start melting first.  We also need a couple of nice long warm rain showers.  That will accelerate the process.  It can't get here soon enough. 

Quote from: gmetime24 on March 27, 2015, 07:54:49 PM
Latest image of LSC shows some open water but still a lot of ice to move down those rivers

It's going to be awhile before we get out there although sometimes LSC and Erie thaw quickest.  But there are always the ice flows that linger behind.

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

My lake is popping and groaning today like it does in January.  Definitely going to be a while.

stackenem

Lobdell is open from the launch to the dam and going the other way to the bridge at Bennett lake.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

dartag

The little lakes around here are about 1/2 open. My lake is melted about a foot from shore.  The sun and wind are going to help.  With the rain and warmer weather later in the week there should be some lakes ice free by the weekend.

Jefferson

There is chunks of ice along the shoreline in Anchor Bay, but the rest looks all thawed.

Got Fish??

A couple  of small ponds I fish are now mostly  open. After tomorrow's rain  thy should be  fishable .

dartag

Union is really black and rotten today.  With the rain and wind the Jon Boat could be in by the weekend.  Time to get the blades ready.

TheFishinPollock

That's not fair you guys.   We get snow and cold next week up here and that means no ice out for at least another 3 weeks. :(
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Got Fish??

I'm heading  up to Kalkaska in three weeks, to turkey  hunt and for the trout festival. I hope the snow has melted and the ice is gone . Last year there was ice past May 1st. North  of  72.

LennyB

The Detroit River still has a lot of ice coming down from LSC.

MSURoss

All lansing area lakes have no ice.

Got Fish??

I took a drive  Easter morning . There is a lot  of open water. Most lakes have vary little ice.I guess  I'll  pull my boat out of the garage  this week and start her up.

Bassassin

Anybody have a look at the Portage Chain recently?  Fishable? Might head out there Sunday if the new bass season bill passes.

Skulley

No ice on Orchard Lake and the docks are in.  I drove by there on the way home from work.

BD                               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Pretty sure all Oakland county lakes would be open.  They put the docks in on my lake so summer is here.   Been boats out every day.   Got my dock, hoists and aluminum boat in.  Probably be out blade baiting Friday.  Then get the Ranger ready for the river next week.  Walleye in the  hood....