Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

A Michigan Tournament Angler should be thought of as an impecable sportsman

Started by Mojo, March 22, 2015, 03:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the top 'SINS' a tournament angler does that makes all Tournament Bass Fishermen look bad (Vote for 5)

Fail to fizz their fish at release (non Tx citizens gasp at all the 'flailing floaters left to die)
Throw expired fish back in (instead of keeping in coolers, or give them to locals to eat)
Dock / Lakefront boat snagging (Ringing the dinner bell on pontoons)
Verbal confrontations with lake front owners
Ripping fish lips apart on accident
Gullet pulling out a hook cause your in a rush
Casting at or under inflatable rafts / trampolines)
Verbal confrontations with each other in public
Racing 60 mph across small lakes at first light (no speed limit)
Being rude to non tx boaters when putting /pulling your boat
Crowding (inside 100 ft) non-tx anglers
Catching fish on 'their' lake
Excessive celebrating
Coming off plane too close to lake front homes, non tx angler boats (causing the "I'm here" wave)
Screaming past other boats (inside 100 ft) at full speed
Not courtious or 'good people' / but rather arrogant jerks overall

djkimmel

Quote from: motocross269 on March 23, 2015, 08:33:22 PM
From what I have seen and from reading posts on other websites I believe alot of guys don't like tournament anglers because of a form of class warfare.....They seem to complain more about what we have worked for and paid for than our actions...To be honest it reminds me alot of the anti union worker sentiment......  Stereotypes run rampant..
If you notice most of the negative comments will highlight the boats we own or something along those lines..

This definitely plays a part - jealousy, envy, because we 'have' to be different... judging a book by its cover. We stick out. We're an easy target. We all look alike... I get upset when someone says we have to change to make people like us. Some people are so prejudiced, biased and into stereotypes... the only way to have them see us for who we really are is for THEM to change (and we can't make them).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

But it doesn't help that a some fishermen have the courtesy of a New Yorker, and could care less of others let alone the fish they haul in. Remember, I'm in the back of boats all year, being professional and courteous while (a very few) of these guys just floor me. I've seen people pull up full power to a stop and yell at other fishermen top of their lungs in a crowd, I've seen shore fishermen threaten to shoot boaters, I've seen enough to say,... Wow.  Maybe we have such good fishing waters, that we are spoiled? When we don't whack 5 fish in an hour, we get peey for the wrong reasons?

So my strong feeling here is: you can't trade your brain in as an upgrade, like moving from a phluger to a chronairch. Your stuck with what brung, so all you can do is drive growth. Grow yourself into the best version of you.  Thats all one can do. And if it ain't enough, then I say F em ......
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

Some people are selfish. Some people are more important. As the quote goes 'we're all equal, some us are just more equal' something like that (from Animal Farm). As long as some people think they're more equal the rest of us will run into the occasional headaches on the road, at the store, on the lake. Just keep setting the good/right example, and sometimes speak out when you see someone being 'more' equal...

I'm speaking out right now against people who don't want other people they don't like fishing Lake St. Clair. If people weren't selfish and afraid of change we could have had a year-round bass season 25 years ago.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.