email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bow unit freezing  (Read 2419 times)

32eml24

bow unit freezing
« on: March 16, 2015, 08:24:06 PM »

Bow mounted unit on friends boat runs a while then freezes. Mine started doing same thing last fall. Have to disconnect finder from mount... no buttons work. Both our finders are wired tocranking battery. Symptoms are identical. Will work for like 15 mins then freeze. Disconnect and reconnect and will work again for same time period. Also in mine navionics chip wouldnt work. Any ideas? Would like to fix before tourney season.

Got Fish??

Re: bow unit freezing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:07:25 PM »

I had the same  problem  last year. It tuned  out that   mice had gotten  in my boat and chewed  the isolation off my wires. In turn they shorted out my units, and  the units froze  up. I ran new wiring and changed  all the connectors. It runs fine now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:10:29 PM by Got Fish?? »

32eml24

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:08:36 AM »

That makes sense but my buddy just installed his and its doing it and my wiring was all new when mine was installed. I could try jumpering direct from the battery and laying the wores across the boat deck for an hour and see if that fixes it then i know its the wires. It drives me nuts. The map card doesnt work either... when it turns on it says the current track will record for ten minutes or something like that but i do not want to record any tracks. Frustrating little bugger!

justinhahn88

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »

I had a very similar issue with my humminbird 788 at my bow.  After a while with this is just wouldn't turn on at all. Ended up being corrosion on the fuse connectors. Cleaned them up good to go!!! Easy fix.

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

Make sure every connection is tight and corrosion free.  Make sure you check to see that the inline fuse is tight as well.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

32eml24

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 08:29:48 AM »

This makes sense. I will check for corrosion anywhere between my terminals and the graph. Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge