Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:38:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anyone taking advantage of the weather?

Started by Hollada, December 26, 2014, 03:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollada

And fishing?   Tell us about it!  Post pics! 
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Mike S.

I was out on Muskegon Lake for a couple of hours Tuesday afternoon. It was tough to get the 1 smallie I caught. But, I got one, and it's late December.

Waterfoul

Gonna try to hit Muskegon Saturday night with a buddy to troll for some eyes and pike.  We'll see what the weather is like...
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Best I can do today is take a few pictures of birds from the 'upstairs office' though I did some outside rearranging for them too. This is the most Sun I've seen in awhile!...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Got Fish??

I'm not fishing, my boat is put up in the garage . I did take advantage  of the nice weather  and took all my Christmas decorations down and put them away.

dartag

Got out on Union Lake yesterday for a couple hours.  Water was 35 degrees with a little ice along the shore.  Water was clear with about 15 feet visibility.  Hit all the normal spots where fish normally school in the winter.  Saw lots of fish cruising but none would bite a blade or jig.  It was a great time out there in the sun.  There were some kayakers out enjoying the day.  Told all the fish I would see them in a couple months. 

djkimmel

I saw that on Facebook. Thanks for sharing an actual real live Michigan fishing report here too!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Tomorrow - the Dodge brothers hit the Hot Pond for some multi species fishin ! Will report out....... Anyone want to join ? We'll be at Bolles Harbor around 9:30 am.

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

motocross269

The Saginaw river was loaded with Walleye boats at the Zilwaukee bridge...I hear they have been getting pretty good limits..

MSURoss

I fished the river 2 weeks ago and limited on walleyes... Hear they are still biting too!

bigjc

For the first time in many years, I winterized both of my boats already.  What was I thinking???

I normally don't winterize the Crestliner until January, but on that last nice weekend, I thought I would get er done, as I figured it was our last nice weekend.

Oh well, three more months.

At least we have the Boat Show and hopefully the Swap Meet at Bob O's place.

Who am I kidding...I have cabin fever already and its not even New Year yet.  Praying for an early spring!

Got Fish??

On my way to Gross Isle ,crossing the free bridge . There were a few boats in the river, it was windy. I  don't   know where from they  put in at. Elizabeth  Park is closed.  Maybe Metro or up river some where.

djkimmel

fishstick

Would love to have some ice right now, so bluegills were on my mind. Headed out for about an hour and a half the day after Christmas with my wife. Kept it simple and took one of our 10 foot duck boats and a pair of oars. They didn't bite nearly as good as when there is ice above them but it was still decent and a nice relaxing trip to end the year.

djkimmel

Firefighter Jeff

Looks like a nice mess of fish !!!!  :)

dartag

Every time the wind dies ice forms on my lake.  Then it picks up and blows it away. Would be fun to have a time lapse camera.

djkimmel

dartag