Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt/Mullet Practice

Started by bshaner, June 07, 2007, 06:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bshaner

I'll be practicing Wed thru Friday next week on Burt/Mullet if any co's are going up and want to join me out on the water.

PM me.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

I will also be up there.  I should arrive early Wends AM.  I am staying at the Burt Lake campground for 2 nights and the Holiday Inn on Friday night.

Good luck up there!!

Seth

bshaner

The wife is taking vacation so we are packing the kids up and going camping the entire time.  Any suggestions on a campground?  We were going to stay at the Cheboygan State one but is Burt Lake campground just as good?  Will it fill up?

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

Never been to either one.  Dan stays at Aloha State Park, he may have some insight.  Hopefully they won't fill up mid week.

Seth V

Langer

You can make reservations online for camping sites. it is somewhere on the DNR website.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

bshaner

Ya I know about reservations but I wanted to pay at the campground and not put it on the credit card.  I bit the bullet and registered at Burt Lake State Park.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

What space did you get?  It would be cool compare notes in the evening.

I need a space big enough to park 2 truck/boats.  Are the spaces large enough for that?

Seth

bshaner

I wish I could answer your question.  I've never been there.  I got #28.  I've been to several other state campgrounds and if the lots are laid out the same it might be tough to get 2 boats and trucks into 1.  Are you tent camping?  We'll be tent camping. 

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

I am in space #47.  I looked at on the ariel photos, no trees wide open.  Should be ok to get 2 trucks + 2 boats in there.  We are just sleeping in our trucks.  I put a regular matress in the back of my Suburban, screen on the windows for fresh air, a nice fan, plug in the coffee pot and it is not too bad.  Be sure to stop in for a cup of coffee!!

Seth

Langer

Here is a link to the sites at the camp ground, maybe you could go by there sizes and request a particular one.

http://www.midnrreservations.com/campmaps.cfm?cid=13
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

bshaner

I dont drink coffee but we'll have the full camping kit with us - propane stove and all.  Bring some eggs and bacon over and the wife can cook it up for ya.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

Now you are talkin!!!!  That sounds like a plan!!!  What time is breakfast??   ;D ;D

Seth

spinninbug

Ok Brian,  I just couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one,  how do you know your wife will cook?  Why is it we always get nominated to do the cooking?  Not that she wouldn't or I wouldn't be being asked to before someone shows up and then hearing,  I told them you would cook for them,  that would be like saying to someone that doesn't even know how to cast a fishing rod,  oh no it's great just show up and my husband will take you fishing!  Again not that he wouldn't but being forwarned is a good thing!! ;)

Just thought you might need some help in this area,  by the way tell the little lady I said hello! :D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

SethV

Quote from: spinninbug on June 07, 2007, 11:51:03 AM
Ok Brian,  I just couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one,  how do you know your wife will cook?  Why is it we always get nominated to do the cooking?  

Why else would the wife go along?  :o :o

Am I in trouble now?   ;D

Seth

spinninbug

Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

MBell

FYI, called FLW yesterday and they were at 102 boats.
-Matt

bshaner

I'll wake her up an hour before we launch for practice.  That's plenty of forewarning!!!

Umm.. ya why else would the wife go along?

I think I'm going to have to change her GLB password again.  :P

Breakfast is 1/2 hour after I wake up :)  Which I'm hoping is before sun up.  That's if I dont get mad at the alarm clock and permanently hit the snooze.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

motocross269

I would be very interested in getting on the water with you if you haven't found anyone yet.  As you know I hit a deer with my boat.  I sent you a PM.

motocross269

102 boats that is great....Thanks alot for the update MBell

SODY

You guys are tempting me, tempting me bad!!! I may just have to say Aloha and wack a monster. I have the maps and everything but would like some insight as to pier 33 as a launch is the launch site on mullet? I have not dug into it that deep yet. Is aloha closest to blast off?