Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fishing License

Started by huston, March 09, 2014, 11:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

WEll guys all I can say is y'all got great fishing. I don't keep em I just love to catch and put em back after a photo on a good un :D It's always easy to say let the other guy pay but not me,me,me :D like Big Dog :D Yea Toll Road Work look at WV and Ohio :D :D :D Oh Well guess I'll just keep paying my share and half the country on Ole Mexico's way :D If we stopped some of the freebie programs, cell phones all states could have good road. Here in NC we got beat up roads with pot holes and not a bad winter like you guys." Nobody said life was fair, but even hard if you stupid" Quote John Wayne :D :D The only way to stop paying taxes is die :D  then you family will pay em.

Got Fish??

Can't we just all go fishing?

Skulley

I could afford to go fishing more if they didn't tax my pension.  

Quote from: Got Fish?? on June 13, 2014, 08:00:06 AM
Most pensions are earned over a long period of time. Most have to give up a higher rate of income  as part of the deal. Taxes were paid when the money was earned and the funds are invested by  the company or union just like a 401 or a  stock fund. Do you pay taxes on all of you  investments? For 35 years when all I could afford was some stale old crackers. Nobody cared, now  your jellos of my stale old crackers. Pensions are fixed and usually do not on incease over the years,

This is your answer cameraguy.  You may not have earned a pension like myself and so many others so to you the pension should be taxed.  But when you tax a pension, you force people who have worked all their life for that pension to have to get a job at Walmart or McDonalds.  If the tax on pensions is not repealed by Schauer when he wins in November, I will be moving to a state that doesn't have a state income tax.  You don't tax pensions to give a break to your rich buddies.  And you don't take money from schools to give your rich buddies tax breaks either.

The only thing Snyder has done that's been any good has been to sign SB 869.  That's it!!!  Other than that, he is for his rich 1 percenters and certainly not for us working people.

BD                  ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

FF Jeff, I say thank you for buying Michigan fishing licenses and coming here! Same goes to anyone else who comes here! Besides pointing out the issues of the nonresident license and continuing to ask for monitoring of any possible sales changes I keep reminding them that all of us our paying more now for the 'same' fishing so please let us fish all year. I hope to help at least accomplish that much for now. I'm sure there's more that can be done but that seems like a good start.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on June 19, 2014, 01:17:34 AM
FF Jeff, I say thank you for buying Michigan fishing licenses and coming here! Same goes to anyone else who comes here! Besides pointing out the issues of the nonresident license and continuing to ask for monitoring of any possible sales changes I keep reminding them that all of us our paying more now for the 'same' fishing so please let us fish all year. I hope to help at least accomplish that much for now. I'm sure there's more that can be done but that seems like a good start.

And we all need to fish more.......

BD.                              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

That one is for sure. That's why I keep working on things I truly hope lead to fishing more...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

And you've done one helluva job I might add!!! 8)

BD.                          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

It will be interesting to see the results of this years sales.  I've learned something else about the change in the licenses.  Here at the North Bayou Resort on Hamlin they sell licenses.  It has become a added burden for the tackle shop.  More people are buying daily licenses.  They are picking and choosing their days depending on the weather etc.  They had one guy come in to get licenses for him and his 4 sons for three days and not in a row.  She had to do 15 licenses. A lot of these are folks from out of state that rent their cottages.

djkimmel

I'm not big on making it harder for people to go fishing. I didn't catch that we don't have a 7 or 10 license early enough. But it sounds like there are 1 or 2 possible improvements influential persons are considering. Not counting a longer bass season that we just took one more big step closer to earlier today.

djkimmel

Meanwhile... back to fishing ;D

Firefighter Jeff

I'm not complaining.  Just something I heard that I hadn't considered.  People are weather watching also because they don't want to pay for the seasonal.

djkimmel

I wonder how many people that would affect how much? I don't expect anyone will have much success lowering the cost but the possibility of avoiding future fee increases is an long term option, while coming up with a 7 and/or 10 day fishing license is a shorter term option for next year maybe. But that only works well for people who come here once a year for one week or less. I would expect 2 licenses would be about as much as a seasonal.

The 24 hour works if you live close by and only fish Michigan 7 or less times. Seems complicated but I guess I could see some people doing that. I have used those kinds of licenses for one day out with a friend in a close by state or province, or maybe a couple quick trips similar to a charter or fishing guide.

The 72 hour license is great for a long weekend. You could even get two long weekends. But if you go much past that you might as well buy the seasonal.

There was a resolution to work towards creating a returning home kind of license for previous citizens of Michigan but by the time all the questions came out, and people added up all the potential issues and challenges for the existing systems it could not get the two-thirds votes to pass.

The idea of reciprocal match was briefly discussed but there's not enough support at this time to get anywhere with that. I think a stable budget for a few years is necessary before many people would look at that possibility for long.

And you can complain if you want... won't change much but maybe it makes you feel better? Of course... someone might complain about you complaining... ;D I saw that get ugly on another forum somewhere... youch!

6 lb Smallmouth

It was reported on another site I frequent "out-of-state fishing licenses, which experienced a similar price increase, are down 41 percent. In total, Michigan fishing has seen a 5 percent decrease, according to Golder."

Anybody know if this is true? 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

djkimmel

Something like that is true. They budgeted for an 8% overall drop in hunting and fishing license I believe.

I didn't see the exact number but it was brought up at a larger meeting not too long ago - I think it was the September NRC meeting - that nonresident fishing licenses dropped farther than expected.

Since us bass anglers and MUCC had brought up various angler concerns and asked the MDNR to monitor and report on this issue it appears they have done so and are now working on possible remedies. The outcome depends on what authority they exactly have and how much they are willing to change to improve the situation. I do recall the NRC asking the MDNR to take action and the MDNR said they would look into it as an important concern.

I'll pass on anything I learn. We have a Conservation Coalition meeting coming up next Wednesday so I hope for some kind of update possibly.