email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Chance on Cass  (Read 971 times)

Victor Cerabone

Last Chance on Cass
« on: September 14, 2014, 05:07:12 PM »

Today I've got the blues...  :(

I'm thinking about the end of season and the long cold winter.  Wondering what I've got left to fish.   Does anybody know the date for the Last Chance event on Cass Lake?

Vic

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
Re: Last Chance on Cass
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 07:30:25 PM »

It is usually the last Sunday of October.  Benny runs the Chiller Thriller the day before on Kent.

I fished Cass today and the fishing is not that great.  12 anglers fishing for 1 fish and a 2.8 fish won.  Caught some little fish but not sure what has happened to that lake. 

Manxfishing

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »

It is usually the last Sunday of October.  Benny runs the Chiller Thriller the day before on Kent.

I fished Cass today and the fishing is not that great.  12 anglers fishing for 1 fish and a 2.8 fish won.  Caught some little fish but not sure what has happened to that lake. 

The lakes been off for the last couple of years
There's allot of theories
I've heard that there was a sewer drain that over flowed and that killed the bait fish
And mine would be, there a different fishing crowd. The big SM went home with a few folks

Victor Cerabone

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »

Thanks for the report Steve and Manxfishing.   Hmmm.... I always look forward to the October small bite on Cass.  Sorry to hear the fishing is tough.   I'd still like to know the official date

Manxfishing

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »

You can call Doug Ratliff 248-360-2163
He's been the contact for the last couple of years

And please let us know if you do get a date and time for 2014

capt charlie's charters

• capt charlie
  • GLBass Friends
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
Last Chance on Cass
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 09:27:17 PM »

Originally known as the Last Chance and following his death ( started it all ) became known as the Ken Purvy Memorial tournament.
Doug Ratliff has been the organizer for years and once again hosting Oct 26, CASS LAKE, $80/boat includes Big Bass.
Gate opens at 6am, planning for a 7:30 blast off and weighin at 3pm.  Doug Ratliff at 248-360-2163

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 09:19:24 PM »

Thanks for posting the info Charlie. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge