Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

$4.00 per gallon gas!!

Started by BASS FISHERMAN, May 23, 2007, 07:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASS FISHERMAN

i am wondurin ifin we going to be payin $4.00 per gallon this yeer fur gas for out boat an truck  ??? ??? ???
this goin to put the damper on mannie people out thar not onily fishermans but the everyday Joe aswell  :( :( :(
this gas thing gots me scared to say the leest  :-\' :-\' :-\'
what yous going to do  ??? ??? ???

:-* :-* :-* SKEETORS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
:-* :-* :-* MINNI KOTA TROLL MOTOR RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

1javelin

Pay it and cry and complain.  What else can I do? :-\' :'( >:(
Live to fish, Fish to live.

motocross269

Have trolling motor only tournaments.  It could get tough in the detroit river though.

BASS FISHERMAN

i has ben told that we can expect th gas to hit the $4.00 mark thiss yeer but who knows  ??? ??? ???
maybee its time to be sellin off the big boat an juss runs a small tin boat with 40hp tiller steerin an a big Minnie Kota Troll motur,24volts wiht lots powur  ;D ;D ;D
40 horse powur wood not use much gas as the big 225hp!!  ;) ;) ;)
i juss starts in fishing smallur tournies an leaves the big watur alone but its juss a thought rite now  :) :) :)
WHUT YOUS THINK BOUT THAT ???? good idee or no  :D :D :D

:-* :-* :-* STRATOES BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
an verrie proud of it

dashaver63

http://pol.moveon.org/stoppricegouging/

Go to this website and sign the petition to stop price gouging. Lawmakers are trying to make it a federal crime for oil company's to charge these rediculious prices while they make billions every quarter.

djkimmel

I read a little more on the federal law - it's not sounding too promising, but maybe it's a start? It's that, or maybe start having belly boat tournaments (no flippers, I think flippers have petroleum products in them).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

yukonjack2

I really don't want to hijack the thread, but $4.00 gas is not considered price gouging.  If you owned a small tackle shop, what do you think an acceptable margin(profit for those non business guys) is?  if you look at capital employed to make those billions every quarter, the return on investment is more than reasonable.  Compared to most of the world, energy costs here are the cheapest anywhere other than Brazil where they run on sugar cane ethanol. If you really want a female dog - female dog about the billions the banks make on 30% credit card interest - now thats true price gouging.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

motocross269

I don't see the correlation between gas prices and interest rates.  If I take out a loan I have an option on wether or not I want to sign at the set rate or walk away.  With gas I have no options I have to go to work.  I am cutting back in alot of ways, but I still have to buy gas.   
I guess we have beat this to death in other threads, lets hope that there is a leveling point on prices somewhere. 

REEL_MAN

If you want to fight the price gouge  >:( there is only one way that I can think of. Stop buying from Exon/Mobile. You say I don't have that company in my area. You do!!!  Exon/Mobile sell the majority of their gas on the spot market and the indepents buy on the spot market :o . So, buy your gas from those that have their own refineries, ie. BP, Marathon, Velaro, Shell, Sun. I'm sure there are others.
Other that slowing down >:( , reducing prefishing :'(, less tx's :'( this is the only way that I can think of that might help.
A few new members in congress and the senate might help too!!!

REEL MAN

Berkley

It would be nice to have a list of gas stations that sell Exxon/ Moblie gas. This year I am going to fish close to home. I am kicking myself for selling my tin boat with a 60h.

10-10 Bass Busters

We are not fishing as many tourney's and fishing the smaller ones closer to home.  If we were a little better and knew we could be in the money all the time then maybe it would be different.

Duke

QuoteA few new members in congress and the senate might help too!!!

Isn't that why the Democrats made office this past election???? They were going to create positive change! Right? What do we get in return?? The highest gas prices since Hurricane Katrina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New record highs!! At least they hate our president, a lot of good thats done...

Sorry for the yelling, but my butthole is so large now  :o I'm begging for lubrication.  :'( :'(
Duke

BASS FISHERMAN

my boy juss come from Illanoy where gas was sellin fur less than $3.00 per gallon but he say once bak in our home states gas was up ovur $3.60 per gallon!!Less than $3.00 he say  ??? ??? ???
i dont no whut the answur is heer in Michigan butt it sucks  >:( >:( >:(
its still bettur than livin out thar in Calaformyaa tho  ;D ;D ;D

:-* :-* :-* PRO CRAFT BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
an verrie proud of it

JCOOPER

I think you mentioned Illinois.  (although I cant be sure thats what you were saying) Starting tuesday we joined the rest of the world in the 3 dollar range.  I filled my wifes truck up at 3.39 yesterday.  still cheaper than 3.60  but way too much.  I have done my research on gas prices and now feel even dumber after doing so!
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

fasttrack

What would really be scary is to see how the prices we pay for nearly everything will rise too. Since everything has to be produced and delivered, when their cost rise they will have to raise prices. What we pay at the pump is probably just the tip of the iceberg of the total impact. I'm sure there are already studies out there on the issue, but common sense is all that's needed. I drive a lot for my job in a fairly efficient car and I see how much fuel prices affect my small business. I can't fathom how the transportation industry could ever just absorb this without raising prices. We're not going to curl up into our shell and stop living, but we are certainly concious of the 'quick trip to the store', etc. I also plan to skip most pre-fishing this year. I fish such a small series that the $$ doesn't justify the extra expense. (Not that any of us will ever completely justify the cost of bass fishing anyways). If the oil big shots we're making 'reasonable' profit and simply passing along their costs it would be easier to swallow. But when they make Billions each quarter whilie the rest of us scrape by without much we can do about it, I would agree that something is wrong. We don't want Uncle Sam to jump into more areas than he already is, but the private sector hasn't solved it on their own yet. Who knows. That's my 2 cents.
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Revtro

Another "gas is out of control" thread.  As much as I don't want to comment, I would like to say one thing.  In the immediate short term, there isn't much we can do about it.  As for me, I am just going to do my best to keep a positive attitude and enjoy my summer even if it means a little less time on the water.  I know we all might need to vent a bit and that's understandable to a point.  But then what?  I thank God that I live in a country where I get to enjoy so many great things, have a roof over my head, vote, have various forms of recreation, practice whatever religion I want, have as many kids as I want, drive a car, choose my own career, etc...  There is so much to be thankful for that I am choosing not to dwell on the negative anymore and just start enjoying the life I've been given.  In the end, griping doesn't seem to make me feel any better anyway.  Just a thought.  Life is good whatever the gas prices are.  Try focusing on the good things.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

BASS FISHERMAN

i guess i talk to me partnur bout this high gas price an runnin the big boat out in the BIG WATER  ;D ;D ;D
i going to tell hims we well not be going fur them long boat rides thiss yeer like we do in the past  ;) ;) ;)
ifin we fish at Muskegone Lake we onliy go as far as Whites Lake!!Ifin we fish at Whites Lake we onily go to Muskegone Lakes  ;D ;D ;D
not goin to runs way up north tryin fur them big sacks  :D :D :D

:-* :-* :-* CHAMPIONS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
an verrie proud of it

dashaver63

Many good points Revtro, and I do thank God every day I can get out of bed and go to work, that I have a home to go to and a family that I love and that loves me. However that being said, let me explain about my family. I am the sole supporter for a family of 6+1. My wife has MS and also is caring for her mother that lives with us. Between medications for the mother in law and the wife, add 3.50 a gallon for gas and then groceries for the week and there goes a paycheck. I haven't had the boat out of my driveway yet this year, and I don't mind. Like I said I just thank God every day that I have another day with my family. But 50.00 a week just for work and basic running? I don't care that I can't get the boat out, but when I have to decide between gas and what ever the family might need, thats wrong.

yukonjack2

if it helps - here is a website to find the lowest price gas near your area.   Just punch in your zip code - it appears to be pretty accurate, although I am not sure how up to date it is.

[url="http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src="Netx"]http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src="Netx[/url]

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Revtro

Man, I totally understand.  It's tough all over.  I feel your pain.  The only thing we can do is try to stay positive or else the frustration will eat us alive.  Anytime you want to fish with me on St. Clair, I'll pay the gas so you can get out at least once.  :)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]