Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:04:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kistom kicker?

Started by Wolfie729, August 02, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfie729

Not trying to start an argument but am I the only one that thinks these are all hype? Seams like they hang up a lot more due to the weed gaurd being off the hook so far

Mike S.

I've had no issue. I like them way better than the Strike Kings that I used to throw.

Wolfie729

Right now im throwing siebert outdoors nice jigs for 3$ Wire tied good colors old arkie style

robhj

I've had no issues either, and I think they are some of the best jigs in my arsenal. I just picked up 4 of the swim jigs last month from Al & Bob's and love them. I've been catching fish on all of them and I think they are worth the hype. Just curious, which jigs are you having issues with and what are you throwing them on?

Got Fish??

There not magic, but it is a  different presentation. Sometimes that's all it  takes. I have some in  my arsenal. I have all types of jigs, I just keep switching them up. Until I find one that  produces fish.

Waterfoul

I have at least 2 of everything they make.  I catch fish on most of them (Haven't thrown a Freak in some time but did catch fish on them last year).  Dan and company make a great product.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Wolfie729

Quote from: robhj on August 03, 2014, 01:27:24 PM
I've had no issues either, and I think they are some of the best jigs in my arsenal. I just picked up 4 of the swim jigs last month from Al & Bob's and love them. I've been catching fish on all of them and I think they are worth the hype. Just curious, which jigs are you having issues with and what are you throwing them on?

braid mainly dock monkeys on a 7'3 rod dont get me wrong they skip a country mile but seems like the weedgaurd being off the hook as much as it is causes them to hang up more than others and they're expensive had just as good of luck with cheaper ones

Mojo

See - now I like that they seem to hand up more. Maybe sloooow down here. When I hang up I'm going so slow that I feel when I'm hung up, stop reeling . It causes that hellified skirt to flair and sometimes that's when I get bit. I try to 'work' my jigs, not rip em when they get hung.

The dock monkey's I throw are taking a beating on St Clair in them zebra beds .... but I still have nearly all the paint, and hooks are still razor sharp..... These guys are my favorite sponsor cause the product is such high quality.

Ok - so beyond the hype, have you tried their 'shrunken mojo' umbrella rig ? in Sept and Oct, this will drop your jaw, because Kustom Kicker tightened and shortened the umbrella so it is a true ball of bait.

Also try their darter heads on a 7" worm of curly tail worm this month.  The darter head causes the fall to swim down not curl. IT got the biggest reaction from the fish tanks when I threw them at the show last year. People got out of their seats to see the reaction each cast!! So there's some ideas if you are interested.  ;D
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan