Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Alcona Dam Pond

Started by Coop, July 17, 2014, 05:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop

Hey all.. Anyone have any insight on what to expect and what works on this body of water up in Glennie, MI? Its backwaters of the Au Sable off Alcona Dam. Been there a looong... Looong time ago. There is no mapping out there in regards to electronic mapping. I also know its full of stumps etc.. Supposed to be a great Smallie location. Any help insight would be appreciated.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

robhj

I've fished Alcona several times, with the last time being about 4 weeks ago. There is a lot of stuff that works, and a good mix bag of largies & smallies. I fished a local club tourney there last month. We didn't do too well but caught fish on topwater, swim jigs, & senkos. Big fish was a 5.8 lb. largie and my brother told me that the lake does consistently put out big fish, both species. I fished Van Ettan, Loud, and Cooke last weekend. We tore it up on Saturday fishing Van Ettan, mostly on plastics & topwater. We also did alright on Loud. I got into some good sized smallies fishing in about 15-20 feet of water on a biffle bug, and they were all spitting up crayfish. We struggled on Cooke on Sunday and were only able to get a few fish up by the dam. PM me if you want more details, my family lives in Oscoda and I fish up there quite often.

Big dreams

Coop

Yeah I think so, I'm gonna go up with my girlfriend and son. He will fish with me and if bored I can drop him off at the campsite and they can find something to do until I'm done. I'm heading up Thursday night I think.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Big dreams

Cool, glad to see you can make it.  Looks like I will be on the back of Rich's boat.  Mine is still in the shop.  Heard some good things about that lake.  I am going up with John Sunday to take a look around.  Wish I had my boat but it is what it is.

Coop

nice, sunday should be good weather. I might make it out this week and take 1/2 a day. but probably not. been busy.  Were heading out on Thursday afternoon. Gonna Prefish on Friday a little bit. hopefully get an idea of what im getting into. either way, im gonna have a good weekend with my boy and girlfriend camping and playing in the water and on the lake
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20