Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

fishing report traverse city area

Started by stackenem, June 17, 2014, 05:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

So I got up to the cabin on Friday night the 9th. Went over to torch lake Sat with my son and his friend and found no fish. seen a few fish on the drops but they were not hitting anything we threw. jerks, cranks, tubes, spinnerbaits no luck. sunday spent the day working around the place and getting everything ready for a week of fishing. monday morning 6:30 am launched the boat on the north end of Elk lake, scratched my head because I had no idea where to start. Ran straight acros the lake to the west side side and found some real nice rocks out in 12 to 14 fow. Figured allright should be some beds in this area. Got looking around and there was not a bed to be found. Started throwing a crank bait and got a dink smallie. Changed to a jerk bait and got nothing. Changed again to a spinnerbait and started to pick up a few small ones. Worked my way around the shore into the Elk river area and hooked up with a real nice smallie off a sand point. Went to lip him and of course he jumped and broke me off. Thats why they make nets!!!!! Worked around the shore for another couple of hours and worked my way back to where the rocks were to see if maybe anything had started to move up. Wow I see a nice smallie next to a big rock on a bed, flip a tube and just like they are suppose to do he jumped all over it, nice 3.5. Kept moving back and forth thru the rock and ended up picking up a couple more off beds and then it was time for lunch. Leter that afternoon I met up with the fishing pollock (Matt) and we ran around to a bunch of spots that were suppose to be on fire but were not. Matt picked up 1 smallie on a spinnerbait and that was the whole of the first day on elk lake. stay tuned for day 2
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

ncbkc

stackenem

high 50's low 60's depending on which way the wind was blowing.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

larrie

Just got back from traverse bay east. Spent 5 days . 4 boats average 40 to 60  SM a day . They were in the  grass  and on beds from 2ft  to 13ft .

Got Fish??

I sent 5 days in Traverse City area over the 4Th. We fish 4 lakes near Kalkaska, Cub, BigBlue, Indian and Big Twin. We caught fish in all 4 lakes. Cub and Indian are small lakes, water temp 74-75°. The fish were  near structure, weed beds, wood and  rock piles, in 8'to14' of water and close to shore near Kat's and shore grass. BigBlue and BigTwin are larger lakes, water temp 70-72°. The fish were on and suspended close to deep docks, 8' to 14' of water. Soft baits worked best. We marked several schools of lake trout in BigTwin.