Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:04:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Need map for Hardy Dam

Started by TCook, April 27, 2007, 03:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCook

I am having a heck of a time trying to find a map for Hardy dam. Every fishing store I been to did not have any, and I cant even find a topo map online or on D@R site. Does anyone know where I can get a map near hardy or on the way from southwest MI that is open at 7AM, or a site I can get a printout at? I am heading up there tomorrow morning at 5AM and would hate to be without one. Thanks for any help, Tim
FISH HARD!!!

Genie

Those "Sportsman's Collection" books have a map in them.  That's the only place I have found.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Call D & R Sports Center 800-992-1520 to see if they have any in stock. That's where I got mine a while ago. They will ship.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cy

Stop in or call Parsley's Sports Shop in Newaygo, MI.  It can be right on the way to Hardy depending on what way you go or where you want to launch.  They will have one.

Parsley's Sport Shop
70 State Rd
Newaygo, MI
(231) 652-6986

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

OUTLAW

If you get the map let me know I will mark it up for you. I live in newaygo and I am not fishing that tournament. I can put you on some real good spawners.

TCook

Thanks for the info guys, I think I will get the map at persley's. I want to thank Fish Hound for the Kind offer to meet up and give me a copy of his map even though it did not happen. I fished Hardy Sat and could only manage 3 bronzies at 9 pounds, to say the least I could use some help out there. Outlaw I would appreciate any spots you could mark for me, or any info for that matter. I will be fishing the NBAA opener and will likley go back to prefish the weekend before (will they be spawning at this time?). How would I get the map to you?

T
FISH HARD!!!

Cy

T,

When is that tournament, the 26th?

I have a summer place up that way and I fish Hardy quite a bit.  I will be happy to give some areas to try or meet you up there.  You should definately take Outlaw up on his offer, I'm sure he knows it better then I do.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Genie

Outlaw - can I get some spots ...  ;D

The NBAA event is the Northern Michigan Challenge and it is on the 26th.  I'm the director for that circuit and it will be a blast.

Weather always plays a role in what stage the fish have been in.  All I can say is that I have been involved in that tournament for the last couple of years and every time it has taken 20 (plus or minus) to win.  I'm assuming that in the next couple of weeks the fish will really start moving up with the consistent warm weather.

At any rate, there will be plenty of fish to go around come tournament day.

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

1javelin

Maybe we could all meet up some time and have some fun, you guys can show us some spots and we'll have a little tourney so you can get our donation!! 
   By the way, I'm Tcook's partner, Herman.
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Nitro882

Outlaw- was wondering on spots on Hardy pond also. I'm not fishing the NBAA but I am fishing another tournament series that goes to Hardy during the spawn. Just wondering if you would be willing to share some prime areas?

OUTLAW

You guys that want info PM me your phone # and I will help you out. I will be fishing there 2 or 3 days before the opener to get a better idea were the fish are but I can help you now with some spots that always have good spawners on them. One of my favorite spots is the Bouys down by the dam they spawn on the concreat that holds the bouys down.

Genie

Great Outlaw - you just gave away my favorite spot LOL ...  I'd love the spots but I will probably have my hands full tournament day making sure things run smoothly ... thanks for the offer jason.

My Angler's Genie already has 100 or so beds stored in the waypoint module so I'll have my hands full anyway.
Grand Rapids, MI

LGMOUTH

You just have to hope that the fish from last year remember the exact gps coordinates for their beds. ;D
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

silverminnow

Hey genie, my anglers genie is having a hard time reading your waypoints from here.  Can you mail that to me for a day or so. I will send it right back I promise ;D ;D ;D

Genie

From what I've seen of those fish - they are more accurate than the GPS!
Grand Rapids, MI

billy_bass

Quote from: 1javelin on May 01, 2007, 10:03:14 AM
Maybe we could all meet up some time and have some fun, you guys can show us some spots and we'll have a little tourney so you can get our donation!! 
   By the way, I'm Tcook's partner, Herman.

I would be all for it. I am new to Big Rapids and fish hardy all the time to try and learn it.

billy bass
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

Dan

Hey Billy Bass,
A number of the Big Rapids guys are fishing the Tear Drop this year are you one of them?   teardropbass.com
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

billy_bass

hey Dan..... I want too, but my work schedule conflicts with the dates. If the tournaments were on the same weekends as last year I would be. I know a guy on the opposite shift that is going to be fishing them this year though.

It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity