Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:49:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

AC-Delco Batteries

Started by Dropshot, April 23, 2007, 10:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropshot

I've used AC-Delco deep cycle batteries for some time now and have been very satisfied. It's time to replace the ones I have but I can't find them anywhere. I tried Murray's, Pep Boys, and West Marine without any luck. Murray's has said they not going to carry them until they work out some problems between the two companies. If any one knows of a place that still has them in stock please let me know.

Thanks
Joe
Joe

smbassman

I have always bought them at Murray's.  Actually, I bought a new one for my cranking battery two weeks ago.   ???

You can order them through a GM dealership, but unless you know someone there, they will stick you with the inflated MSRP price which is about $30-40 more than Murray's.  The AC delco website has a dealer finder search that you can try.

motocross269

Dropshot is right..I went into Murrays in Lapeer last week to get another battery for my boat and they said they weren't going to carry AC-Delcos anymore.  I ended up getting another brand.  All of the Delco signs were up, but no batteries.
I haven't really checked the Murrays around here in the big city.  They may have a larger stock.

Anthony Adams

AC - Delco Batteries are made by Johnson controls .... Johnson Controls also makes the Ever Start - MAX (Yellow) battery

I like the Trojan Batteries ... they have thicker plates then the Delco and last longer.

Gander Mtn carries the Trojan brand ....
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Langer

We (Johnson Controls) are the largest automotive battery manufacturer in North America, followed only by Exide.  JCI supplies aftermarket batterys to AutoZone, Pep Boys, Interstate Battery, Sears, Wal-Mart and Costco, and probably alot more.

Optima is also manufactured by Johnson Controls, I sure do like the discount I get on Optimas.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

yukonjack2

you offering up those optimas to GLB members at dicount? 

PM me and let me know.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

smbassman

Quote from: ABA on April 23, 2007, 07:31:59 PM
AC - Delco Batteries are made by Johnson controls .... Johnson Controls also makes the Ever Start - MAX (Yellow) battery

I like the Trojan Batteries ... they have thicker plates then the Delco and last longer.

Gander Mtn carries the Trojan brand ....

JCI bought the AC Delco name and design.  They are not the same as Everstart or Interstate batteries. 

Unless you have had a bad experience with the actual AC Delco's, I don't think you can say they last longer - my last set lasted a little over 5 years before showing some weakness.  I have heard very good things about Trojans and heard they last around 4-5yrs (which is very good for wet cell deep cycles).  You do have to keep up with adding water that isn't required with Delco's.

Langer

Quote from: smbassman on April 24, 2007, 07:23:20 AM

JCI bought the AC Delco name and design.  They are not the same as Everstart or Interstate batteries. 

Correct, JCI aquired the AC Delco name and Design when they bought the battery division from Delphi, though the Everstart and Interstates are not the same they are still produced by JCI.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

SethV

Langer is right on.  The AC Delco deisgn was purchase from Delphi and is now made by JCI.  Although JCI makes other brands as well, they are NOT the same as the Voyager design.

Muray's will now carry Exide products, not JCI batteries so they won't sell them anymore.

You can get them at any GM dealer.  They will come right fromt he distributor, and be very fresh, much better than an older battery you might find on the shelf somewhere.

I just bought 2 M30HMF's from Dick Morris Chevy.  Talk to Brian Habel (parts manager) at (248) 624-4500 and he will hook you up.  The batts list for $140, the best deal was Murray's at $100, but you can't get them anymore.  I ended up buying them for $110 each with no core charge.

Seth V

REEL_MAN

In northern Indiana you can get the voygers at Hoffmans in Goshen. Got mine (M30's) last Sat. for $110 @, that included tax. Call a head so they can get them form their warehouse.

REEL_MAN

djkimmel

If you really like AC Delcos and believe they are still the same, I hope you find them at a good price. No sense in fixing what isn't broke. I do not know if they are the same now or not firsthand. Been a very long time since the last time I tried one.

If you end up thinking about switching, or anyone else looking, I will continue to recommend Deka Batteries - one of the top two or three batteries in my mind (well top in my mind, but that will always be subjective for us anglers :)) and made in America. Top quality product at a very good price for excellent components, durability, performance and life. 800-444-4148

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I bought two Delco Voyager Deep Cycles for my trolling motor in 2003 at Murray's for $89.95.  They were the big ones.  I bought the comparable Exide Batteries from Complete Battery Source this year for the same price.  I think I did pretty good.  I am running the same batteries that Gerry Gostenik is running according to the owner.  I have never used Exide before but so far so good.  I like them.  They don't recharge as quickly as the Voyager as they are a wet cell battery and not a dry cell like the Voyager, which means they require a bit more maintenance.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com