Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

WHO'S GOING WHERE?

Started by thomas, April 20, 2007, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas

This Saturday 4/21/07 is going to be beautiful. Where are fishing this weekend? I'm fishing the Detroit River Saturday and Belleville Sunday. Hope to see some of you out there. I have a 354V Ranger, Blue and Silver. Swing by and introduce your self.

thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

fiker

I took the boat out for the shake down run at Big Portage last night. 

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEt!

Man it was nice to get back on the water. 
I didn't take any fishing stuff.  Woulda been too tempting since the season doesn't open till next Saturday. 

Tried the the underwater camera a little though.  This is gonna be coo-el.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Durand Dan

I fishing Lobdell this morning. ;D And tomorrow, maybe Kent. ???

karol

went to waubee last night on the ''nymph" and saw a lot of bass just cruising, drove me nuts :P they saw me before i saw them so away they went.tried tubes and jerkbaits and jerkshads but no takers.
what do you do on something like that? was out of dynamite ::) so i'll have to do the michigan thing and wait.. karol

Bender

I am thinking of Woodland Sunday morning to start the engine break-in. There were a few boats out on Big Crooked (near Brighton) this morning.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

bosshawg

i'm hoping to have boat back in driveway to do more work on it come sunday. i'm movin' like a slug here w/ to many other things goin' on. not enuff time in day for all.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Skip Johnson

I will be in north channel sunday early am for walleye then some swim bait fishing for pike in a couple secret spots that Ive whacked em in lateley, fished today and thursday its so nice to get out ;D hooked a big drum on a mepps spinner with wire today thought I had a nice bass but it was still totaly fun ;D ;D
Go Big or Go Home!

Skip Johnson

what a nice day today, my son and I launched at 6:30 started at 7 am at the mouth of dt river where we did 3 drifts for 4 walleye then the bite slowed, we ran into 225xs4garza and he was on the walleye pretty good.
we spent the rest of the day checking a couple spots for pike and marking new rocks on the gps, we got a couple pike up to 30" 1 rock bass and a few incidental bass, saw several walleye boats catch incidental bass as well it was just a nice day ;D

COME ON BASS SEASON
Go Big or Go Home!

bosshawg

well like i said had boat all day. got most of the mechanical stuff done. still have to clean & shine, but not to worried abt that yet. started the carpet job on deck x-tension. now thats a chore...deck or not & a little cooperation w/mother nature boat goin' out next weekend, probably belleville. after i dropped boat back off at storage, took a drive around belleville and launch. many empty trailers in lot - wish i could've been out there.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

thedude

got the boat out of storage yesterday. Much to my surprise the mice had done very little to it over the winter. Hit it with the shop vac, cleaned out the livewells and installed the new ratcheting tie downs i bought. Hooked my new dekas and put the earmuffs on and she fired right up.

Redid my rod locker this morning and went out for the shake-down run on wabasis for a little crappie action.  Had lots of sniffers but they just wouldn't finish off my baby husky jerk. The dog had fun randomly jumping out of the boat at least and then dragging half the lake back in with him. Picked up a nice 13" spec and a baby bass... had at least a dozen nice specs follow up right to the boat but today wasn't the day. Just nice to be out. can't wait til saturday gonna hit muskegon and maybe hardy too if time permits.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Langer

I unfortunately had to go up to in-laws for the wifes birthday, so I figured my weekend was going to be shot as far as doing anything on the boat. Well I talked the wife into coming home early today so I could get the boat out and take it on its first voyage of the year. Got to Orchard around 3:30, launch was packed with people all trying to remember how to unload and load boats. Finally it was out turn to put the boat in, ran through the mental check list, transom straps off, check, plug in check, Bow strap off, check. Dad did a stellar job backing it down into the water, on the 2nd turn the engine fired right up, took a couple laps around the lake to make aure all was good, tried out the electronics and the trolling motor, all still work like they did before it went into the garage last fall. Was out on the water for about an hour and a half. returned to the launch still packed with more people trying to remember how to load and unload. It was a very nice day out on the water, didnt even take a pole, just wanted to make sure everything was in working order. Now Im all set for next weekends adventure, Cass Lk on Saturday and Kent Lk on Sunday.

I did have the opportunity to wet a line on Saturday, we were taking a drive back to check for some Turkey Sign (my season starts on the 30th) out on the hunting property, stopped at the pond on the property, the guy I was with just happened to have a couple of rods rigged up in the back, said there were some large crappies in the pond. Well he grabbed the rod with a small crankbait tied on, leaving me with a hula grub, I didnt expect much, 3rd cast had a 2lb incidental grabbed it on the drop, 4th cast a 3.5 lb incidental, 6th cast a giant spec inhaled the hula grub just as i was about to lift it out of the water, went around 14 inches. Caught a couple more smaller specs in the same area, then the big Tom in the next field over gobbling his head off caught our attention.

Over all a great weekend.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

Waterfoul

Hit a trib to the Grand Friday morning.  Went 3-4 on steelhead.  Biggest was about 9 lbs.

Saturday I helped a friend rig his 17' Whaler Outrage for browns on the Big Pond.  We then proceded to go 0-3 while dragging stickbaits south of Holland and Saugatuck.  But it was a great day to be out on the lake even if we did farm the only fish that hit our baits!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

bshaner

I spent the whole weekend remodeling the house in hopes it will sell.  Oh my aching back!!  Taking tomorrow off so we can finish up.

Next weekend we'll be up in Kalkaska with the family for the trout festival.  The weather isnt supposed to be great.

My boat needs to get finished!!!  Hoping 2 weeks from now I'll be on Burt Mullet getting familiar with the lake.  It's a bit early for patterns but I have never been on the lake so need to atleast run it a few days.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

billy_bass

I had a blast on Hardy Pond this weekend. There was alot of fish crusing the shallow flats and back in some of the cuts. The shaky head seemed to be the ticket, but man are they skiddish.

Thanks to everyone that recomended I get a pair of solarbats w/mossback lenses. These are the best glasses I have ever used. Stained water and all, I could see fish laying on the bottom and was able to shake them into biting.

Billy Bass
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

fear no fish

I went to Lake Ovid Sunday, late afternoon early evening. Took the wife and had some quality family time. Put three nice ones in the boat and caught several undersized ones. water temp ranged from 53.9 to 58.9. Windy and sunny on the lake. This was my first trip out this year. It sure was nice to be on the water again!

cameraguy

Went walleye fishing on the Detroit River yesterday with Dan.  We got ten.  I'm sure Dan will be posting more.

Have to say this though, MICHIGAN BASS SEASON IS NOT OPEN YET, GUYS!  Please cool the chat about fishing out of season.  Dan shouldn't have to post about this every year.  Thank you.

Duke

QuoteHave to say this though, MICHIGAN BASS SEASON IS NOT OPEN YET, GUYS!  Please cool the chat about fishing out of season.

Well, being a Hoosier I don't have to worry about this.  ;D  ;D I went out Saturday for a few hours and I was chasing bass. However, the best thing I got was a sunburn. Caught a couple, but I was expecting them to be jumping in the boat. Nevertheless, I love Michigan water, but I love the Indiana rules. Not that I'm bragging or anything.  ::)
Duke

Revtro

QuoteHave to say this though, MICHIGAN BASS SEASON IS NOT OPEN YET, GUYS!  Please cool the chat about fishing out of season.  Dan shouldn't have to post about this every year.

Agreed.  As stated in the GLB guidelines, "You may not suggest or encourage illegal activity."  I'm sure no one here is suggesting people fish for species that are not in season, but just the same let's wait until Bass season is open to start posting reports about fishing for or catching bass.  We don't want to tarnish the GLB reputation or it's members.  Neither do we condone fishing for species that are out of season. 

For now, prior to the bass season opening, if you are fishing for Walleye or some other species, please indicate what you were fishing for so we don't misinterpret your posts.  For all we know, fear no fish and billy bass are talking about species other than bass.   
Thanks!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

smbassman

I was out on Lobdell on Sunday (Bennett lake actually).  I am leaving this Friday for Arkansas for a weeks worth of fishing and I needed to do a little casting to get in shape.  It was good to get out on the front deck with the TM down, the wind blowing and sun shining - just a perfect day for April.

225XS4Garza200PXL

I was out on the Detroit River yesterday... put the boat in at 9 mile in St.Clair to run the boat and test out the new prop... made it from 9 mile to Peche Island in about 9 minutes... we got into the walleye pretty good... I think we fished for about an hour and half and caught our 2-man limit... then worked out way up to the ramp stopping at various locations and checking water temperatures and looking around making a few blind casts...

We had a great day... awesome weather... and got some fillets...

Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com