Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Favorite inland Lake

Started by Savage, January 25, 2006, 04:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhuff

I don't think I remember seeing that outboard at the fishign show!....lol

Savage

Alright Bulletproof, is it:

Frenchman's Farm Pond?

How about Paradise Lake?

Twin Lakes?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Bulletproof

Quote from: Savage on January 29, 2006, 09:36:50 PM
Alright Bulletproof, is it:

Frenchman's Farm Pond?

How about Paradise Lake?

Twin Lakes?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

U lucky dog!!!! ;D  It's one of the 3 you mentioned.  I could probably stand a trip up there this spring(mid may) if your willing?  Those monster buckets will get you in shape for your summer tournies.  There are some slop slobs that will put a major bend in your flippin stick I promise.
I am haunted by waters.

Savage

You got it.  The only one I've been on of those 3 is Twin.  I've caught some toads in there... ::)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Too bad about Winnewanna - darn. You'd think they could keep people from messing with it. Why would people do that? It looks like a pretty large lake, but I don't expect I'll get my boat in there. I remember putting my boat in one of those lakes at a questionable ramp and getting stuck pretty bad.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Well, I would think we can all spell Twin Lakes. I've heard it's pretty good fishing there, but never been. I've heard Paradise Lake is pretty good too, but never been there. It's hard to leave Burt and Mullett, but I did get over to Tomohawk once.

As much fun as big smallies are, I miss a big ornery largemouth once in a while.

Now that French Farm reservoir - whatever its exact name is - looks very remote, hard to get to and I have to think it won't have much of a boat ramp. I look at it on the map every year along with a few other floodings, but I can picture myself getting stuck and never being found, except possibly by refugees from the Deliverance movie ("You sure got a purty flippin' stik")... I'm too chicken to find out... maybe because I've tried similar things before and regretted it.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Dan-

I'll take you on a guided tour of Twin next time you are up to fish Mullet.  No sense wasting time finding the hogs.... ;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

That sounds like a great deal!!! Thanks. Maybe we can get some good pictures for the web and for articles.

blakstr1

Twin is just plain cool, no matter how you look at it.  Its probably the most calming place you'll ever fish, really peaceful, down the end of a long gravel road, very little, almost non-existent launch too..but hold on!  Savage is the one that showed me this place..its a gem.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

Dan-

Yeah, we could do that.  Along with some directions on how to get there, because it isn't readily apparent.  Probably why there are so mnay hogs!  Be sure to bring your clear water gear, there is no high speed boating allowed, and the water is as crystal clear as I have seen anywhere.  Especially in the spring.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks