Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Favorite inland Lake

Started by Savage, January 25, 2006, 04:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Potter

My vote is for Wixom.  It has a mixed bag of quality smallies and largemouth.  You can fish to your strengths most of the time, and a lot of water to run. The wind will not cause any trouble with fishing.  And it is also close to home!!

Skulley

I really don't have a favorite.  I guess they are all good when the fish are biting.  But if you backed me into a corner for an answer........I would have to say Belleville and Ford.  Lots of largemouth and smallmouth on both and it is different everytime out.  It is the challenge that draws me to these lakes because they fish different every time out.

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

blakstr1

"You can see below why Blake and I love Grand so much, we took first and second there last season"

For the record...I didn't know I had that many teeth and I'm really not that short...SAVAGE is about 6'5 and was wearing big shoes.. :-\'
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

Yeah, but I was hunching down a bit....
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

LOL :D

I love that commercial.....
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Bulletproof

Oh my favorite lake is one of those that I couldn't possibly divulge the name of.  I can say that it has huge largemouth(7-8#'ers) is above the 45th parallel and is below the bridge.
I am haunted by waters.

DennisB.

houghton, inlaws got a house on it and I finally find fish on it after fishing it for 11 years.

djkimmel

blakstr1 - you're at least 6' 2" in my book!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

:D? As long as I stay behind the keyboard...I'm as tall as I want to be!!  I think I almost hit 6'2 when I jumped one time...okay probably not..

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Skulley

All I know is that I see two men in a picture holding 1st and 2nd Place Plaques.......and that speaks for itself.     $$$$$$$$     ;D

BD     8)
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Quote from: Bulletproof on January 27, 2006, 10:30:58 AM
Oh my favorite lake is one of those that I couldn't possibly divulge the name of. I can say that it has huge largemouth(7-8#'ers) is above the 45th parallel and is below the bridge.

I remember that lake!!! Awesome lake!!! How do you spell it again???

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djmaclf

I would have to say Thompson Lake in Howell.  Problem is the tournaments have been pounding the lake for the past few years.

Bulletproof

Quote from: djkimmel on January 27, 2006, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: Bulletproof on January 27, 2006, 10:30:58 AM
Oh my favorite lake is one of those that I couldn't possibly divulge the name of. I can say that it has huge largemouth(7-8#'ers) is above the 45th parallel and is below the bridge.

I remember that lake!!! Awesome lake!!! How do you spell it again???

It's actually a really hard name to spell.  So I won't make an arse of myself by trying to spell it.  I'm sure some of you guys have got to know it.  It's in a very northern county of the LP and has got absolute giant buckets.  Any guesses?
I am haunted by waters.

Savage

My guess is the Tomahawk floodwaters, or else Fletchers? ???
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

gnewski5

Spinninbug,

Hands down,...............Hamlin,   What a riot!!!!

We fished this as a club last year.   Too much fun!!!    Going back this year (july 15 and 16th). Wood , weeds, drops, river, rocks, sand flats, it has everything. The only other lake I can even think that comes close is the Back Waters of the Asable River (Alcona county darn pond).

Mind you this is the best of the best the cream of the crop( for my fishin style only). And this don't count big water! (Bolles Harbor (erie) is like my home course).

Bulletproof

Quote from: Savage on January 28, 2006, 11:04:46 PM
My guess is the Tomahawk floodwaters, or else Fletchers? ???

Farther North......
I am haunted by waters.

djkimmel

gnewski5 - you made it!!! I feel like we accomplished something now.

Hey - has anyone fished that Lake Winnewanna in Waterloo State Recreation Area? I think someone mentioned it before. It's a pretty good sized lake and I've never been on it.

huston

I live in Oakland county around the Detroit Zoo. I want to check out Kent Lake, Maceday & Lotus, & Oakland/Woodhall this year. LK. St. Clair can be hell sometimes in a Bass Boat Can anyone give me a little insight on those lakes etc.... best baits,top techniquesetc... It would surly be appreciated.

DennisB.

Quote from: djkimmel on January 29, 2006, 01:46:22 AM
gnewski5 - you made it!!! I feel like we accomplished something now.

Hey - has anyone fished that Lake Winnewanna in Waterloo State Recreation Area? I think someone mentioned it before. It's a pretty good sized lake and I've never been on it.

My dad lives about 1 mile from there. We can barely get our duck boat in it, the boat ramp is messed up bad!! and they had it emptied about 4-5 years ago to fix the levie that spills into sugarloaf. some one keeps pulling the boards out of the spill way to keep the level way down. When ever lake levels get a little low they take from winnewanna to fill sugarloaf. Theres some good fish in there but ya can't get to them without the right boat

this pic was taken last year there

Dennis