Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:32:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Looking for home remedies Pronto!

Started by yukonjack2, April 13, 2007, 12:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukonjack2

guys:  I need your suggestions in a hurry.  I was getting some decal work done - more on that later, and got a call yesterday from the sign shop asking if I had a cat?  said nope - why?  well, there was a black cat apparently got trapped in my back battery compartment sometime right before I towed it in there?  anyhow, anyone have any idea a remedy for the nasty stench of feline urine?  there ar about a zilion proprietary products on the web from enzyme to bio type products to breakdown and absorb the odors?  problem is they only come in like quarts, and I need something to flush the whole back compartment and the bilge area out.  My initial guess being the chemical guy:

Feline urine is highly caustic - i.e. basic,  so an weak acid should neutralize it? 
I'm thinking either vinegar or maybe citric acid - orange or grapefuit juice maybe?

then I read maybe some hydrogen peroxide as a second wash, followed by baking soda solution to fully neutralize any excess acid?   anyhow, thank god it didn't get into anywhere with carpet or seats? 

anxiously awaiting your replies.

Jack

P.S.   -  I am having my baot partially wrapped - console back to promote autism awareness - the initial computer shots look awesome.  I did have to buy a roll of this 3M marine vinyl to do the decals, and plan on only using about half of it.  If anyone wants some sponsor type decal work done, these guys aer reasonable, and I'll give ya a deal on the materials.  PM me for more datails.  I'll post photos when  I get it back next week.

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

h2o

Call this place tell them you want a encapsulant  for your problem. When you use a encapsulant, those molecules attack the odor molecules and evaporate them. You do not want to use something that mask's the odor or covers it up because than you'll have a odor problem for a long time like Jerry's car on Seinfeld.

You don't need alot because you'll just put it in a trigger spray bottle and soak it. Don't over do it the product works. One encapsulant is called GoodStuff. Any questions just ask??

http://www.modernistic.com/

Talk to Tom and tell him czar (h2o) told you to call. My name is Greg Czarnowski, he'll know what to give you.

h2o<--says it might take a few applications so don't panic.
BE HAPPY TO BE PART OF ALL YOU SEE

Revtro

I have 2 cats, so I can relate to this problem.  Another remedy: Bleach. It works well on hard surfaces if you use it straight.  But it isn't good for plastic I've found, so let it sit for a while, then rinse thoroughly.  Of course, you can't use it on carpet as I'm sure you know.

Another product is Nature's Miracle which I think is an "encapsulant" also.  It is available in 1 gallon jugs from Petco.  It works very well, but you do need to use it more than once usually. 

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product_Nav_209_sku_30643_R_6211_enemerch_1.aspx?cm_re=209-_-TopSellers2-_-30643

Coincedentally, one of my cats is very sick and just released her entire bladder on my office chair.  She was sitting on my lap at the time and didn't know she did it.  She covered me in pee.  Basically the grossest thing imaginable.  Yuck.  She's 17 and starting to get symptoms of old age.  I'm sure this is only the beginning.  Time to stock up on Nature's Miracle.  Grr.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

One of our last cats did that to my wife... I will never forget the delayed reaction and look of shock on her face. Captain had a huge tumor in his abdomen and was dying at the time. Still, not a pleasant experience.

Now, once we solve yukonjack's problem... anyone have anything for a stinky, gassy cat (laying next to me right now and just recently doused me in his own special way... yuck)? Maybe... catbeano?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

I have had great luck with OXY clean...and maybe a little Febreeze. I know the Febreeze probably just masks smells, but the Oxy Clean seems to really get the stink out.
I don't have any cat urine experience, but my helmets have been known to kill small animals if they get too close.

Dan

Hey Jack,
Have my AI endorsement and taught in one of the earliest AI programs in Michigan. Worked for eight years in Jenison Public Schools AI program and was a member of the West Shore Chapter. Move into gen ed and worked with a number of kids with AI spectrum disorders.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Durand Dan

Years ago I rented a house that belonged to a lady who had about 25 cats. We took lime, the kind use use for soil treatment, mixed it with water and washed every thing down. It did the trick and didn't destroy anything.

yukonjack2

I talked to tom at modernistic - great guy!  He hooked me up with 2 different products, and after the first treatment today - 1 miilion percent improvement.  Guy really knows his stuff.  can't wait to let that dry and then go to step two and remove all remaining scent.  If you have any issues with orors/mold/mildew/skunks/.... he's got the commercial solution.   And its environmentally sound as well, so no worry about using it outside or at the car wash.

Revtro - the enzymatic stuff from petco he tells me works good if you can get to it right away while still wet, if not, the commercial stuff is the way to go. 

Thanx for all the input guys - a true testamonial to all the quality folks participating on the boards here.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them