Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

1st world problems.

Started by Revtro, April 26, 2014, 09:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

I guess it's really a 1st world problem, but God cares about the "little" things right?  As many of my good friends and GLBrs know, I made a difficult decision to get rid of my boat this winter.  It was a very difficult decision, but I decided to put my family first and offload a huge monthly bill due to the birth of my amazing son.  (who BTW now is 6 months old...I can't hardly believe it) 

I wasn't very open about it because it stung a bit, but I actually ended up giving it back to the bank because it had too much owed on it to sell.  I just wasn't getting any offers.  I hated to do it, but that debt wasn't something that was conducive to rising diaper costs.  On the upside, God blessed my family with a new home which was also part of the decision to get rid of the boat. 

So now I find myself in a weird sort of place.  On one hand I am amazingly happy and blessed.  I love my family and my new son is one of the most amazing and wonderful things that has ever happened to me.  He brings a joy to my life that I never thought possible.  Every day, I think about that boat and how worth it, it is to have little Tommy instead.  He's WAY better than the boat. 

On the other hand, I also find myself feeling terrible sadness when I think about how much I love fishing and how much I already miss having my own rig to escape on when I need a mental health break.  Lots of great friends have invited me on their boats and I will relish those times, but there is nothing like being the master of your own rig.  That can't be replaced and I will miss that most of all.  So while I look forward to fishing with friends, I find myself still struggling with sadness at not having my own rig to go fish on whenever I want...a boat to take my kids out on whenever I want.  So there is immense joy mixed with a nagging sadness and frustration. 

My hope (and here's where the prayer part comes in) is that I can save up and buy a boat cash and not have to worry about a boat payment I can't afford.  There are lots of decent looking rigs out there for $6k.  Actually my real hope is that God miraculously provides the funds so I can get back to enjoying my biggest hobby soon.  Hopefully I can save, but you know how that goes. 

Again, I know it's a 1st world problem, but I believe it's a healthy thing for us to have these ways of getting away and enjoying a hobby.  So I think God cares about this desire of my heart and I think He can and will provide.  I'm looking forward to posting pics of the blessing whenever it finally happens.  So Lord, it's a small request, but I believe you can and that you care.  Until then, I am so utterly grateful for my family and new home.  I am amazed at your provision and compassion.  You are truly a God of new beginnings. 

(side note)  I'll have to post the story of how God miraculously provided our new house.  That's an amazing story in itself and worthy of a whole 'nother post.  God is good!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fiker

All the time.  And all the time God is good. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fiker

Circumstances often dictate actions.  They are not always the actions we would like to take.  Sometimes we have control over situations and sometimes we don't, through no fault of our own.  Sometimes we have limited choices and we do the best we can.

One would have to know a whole lot more before one could pass judgement.   In fact judgement isn't ours to do anyway.

Tom,  you've taken so many people fishing over the years when they didn't have a boat, including me.  I guess now it's your turn to ride for awhile.  I know it's tough giving up the front deck, but it's also easier to fish on the back.  Frankly, once a smallie smacks your lure it doesn't matter which deck you're on.

PM me and we'll try and get together this Spring. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

Thanks for sharing a difficult story with us. Can't be easy to tell but sometimes telling lifts a little of the burden. Not always of course... But sometimes.

Family is first. Good luck with everything.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.