Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:55:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's New In Your Tackle Box (for this year)?

Started by h2o, April 04, 2007, 08:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

... and you need The Angler's Genie to keep track of it all ...  ;D
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

BigSmallie

$261.79 at BPS last weekend...........now another $187.55 in baits at D & R Sports plus one 7' Loomis GLX Spinning rod  :o

Still need tires for the  trailer..............just another year.   ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

Mojo

Rooster tails !! How and when do you use ? It looks like a perfect openign cat - no spook - in front of a weed line type lure ? How else are they fished ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bosshawg

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!

i'll tell you what's new if u can help me out. tried doing a search on a couple key words here but to no avail. while waiting here for family to show, i was going thru my jig assortments and only to find out that those pesky rubber bands that hold the skirts together broke and now have strings of all over the place. i'm sure this has been brought up before, but like i said not finding or looking "deep" enuff. can u good people freshen the forum bank here and pass along your remedies. thanks & much appreciated.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Vic Cerabone

Shakey head stuff.  Back to the finesse worms I use to use 10 years ago!

2x Diawa Exceler Reels

2x 6'6" Airrus Spinning Rods

1 Diawa Zillion for pitiching
NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge
http://www.nbaa-bass.com/pages/divisions/div_details07.php?division_id=88

C-Sports Optical Pro Staff - Rx Sunglasses

JCOOPER

Not sure if your looking to re-attach your skirts or how too keep them from breaking again.  I usually tie my own jigs and used a copper wire I got from d and r's fly dept.  wrap it 3-4 times then twist it until it broke. Help forever!
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

huston

2 or three Luckycraft moonsalts in the 200 and 350 series in the Mat Tiger, Hot Tiger, American Shad, and Ghost minnow Some Berkley worms and Kinami worms, (4 in) for drop shotting, a few  Lucky craft Sammys in Ghost minnow, a few bite me rattlin jig heads with offset 60 degree eyes and last but not least, three baitcasters- The President, a Trion and a Purist

MIBassKid

Bosshawg- Orthodontists give out rubber bands to people with braces that are basically the exact same thing. I have a ton, if you have kids or nieces and nephews who have braces ask them.
-Kid

Revtro

Another thing to do with skirts for jigs is to keep the rubber bands soft.  Apply something to them to keep them from drying out if that's the problem.  Try some MegaStrike, it's a good lubricant.  The only downside is that sometime the skirts will slide around too easily.  I like the copper wire idea.  I've gotta try that one.  I've also heard of guys using 0-rings from the hardware store.  Maybe they are more durable...don't know.

Last year I switched out most of my skirts to the quick change ones.  They don't have the color combos that you can get if you tie your own, but they don't have the rubber band problems either.  But I stink with a jig anyway...still something I need to get a better feel for.  When I improve, I guess I'll go to tying my own.  We'll see.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

1javelin

Let's see:
2 Kistler rods, 1 airrus, 1 quantum pt
3 tour edition pt casters, 1 energy pt spin
p line halo and evolution
too much new tackle in new tackle boxes
only thing old is the boat, which needs new tires:  suggestions??

too much money, and may have a new divorce soon!!!  Just kidding, my wife is okay with what I do as long as I keep the bills paid
Live to fish, Fish to live.

225XS4Garza200PXL

Here are some of my new toys... some are new some are used...

I also got a new marine radio... some new rain gear... and a bunch of new baits...
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

joshimoto son

Did you get a new beanie hat too? :D

I don't think I'd reconize you without one mon frere.

joshimoto son ;D

225XS4Garza200PXL

Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

BASS FISHERMAN

i likes them fishin poles abov  ;) ;) ;)
muss be fun wheen line changin time cumes round  ;D ;D ;D

:-* :-* :-* CHAMPIONS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

bosshawg

for those that replied on the skirt issue, thanks... kinda like the copper wire idea. will spend a little time doing my jig heads this weekend. i do use the terminator skirts on spinnerbaits, but just don't look right on a jig.
for what's new:

6'-6 medium berkley lighting rod
Quantum's accurist 500 reel
seaguard fluoro line 8 & 10lb test
3 x-rap jerk baits
booh-ya chatterbait
bunch of provider jig heads
red dragon tubes
and a partridge in a pear tree....... ::) ::)

oh yeah, and a front deck x-tension whenever i can get done w/it.

Michigan Bass Busters

dashaver63

Quote from: bosshawg on April 08, 2007, 01:27:32 PM
HAPPY EASTER ALL!!

i'll tell you what's new if u can help me out. tried doing a search on a couple key words here but to no avail. while waiting here for family to show, i was going thru my jig assortments and only to find out that those pesky rubber bands that hold the skirts together broke and now have strings of all over the place. i'm sure this has been brought up before, but like i said not finding or looking "deep" enuff. can u good people freshen the forum bank here and pass along your remedies. thanks & much appreciated.

There is a compny in Arizona I think that uses stainless steel to fasten the skirts to their jigs. Check it out at
www.conquistadortackle.com

bosshawg

that would work to. now where would you find it? did not wrap jigs today - brought boat home, got the deck to fit in today...

Michigan Bass Busters

Langer

Nice looking deck extension, I plan on doing a small one to fill in the opening in the front, I have a fish/ski so the front deck isnt very big.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President