Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Looking for info about local bass clubs

Started by 2k JIGS, April 08, 2007, 09:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2k JIGS

I fish in the bbt and run sunset bass circuit. I also fished in the c c d bass club for the last few years. I really dont know anything about this Roger guy, and the schedule is not very appealing this year.
wondering if anyone has info on something else.

Dan Hatchew
SunSet Bass Circuit runs on thursdays in Newaygo, montcalm, Kent.

silverminnow

Check out NBAA @ nbaa-bass.com, good people, good divisions and a lot of choices.  Go to the divisions page and it will list the ones that would be in your area.

OUTLAW

If you want to win good money stick with the BBT, OUTLAW 100% payback thats a no brainer, and Shore line Bass.

Most of these tournaments are 100% to 80% payback. Some of the other ones are 60 to 70% I don't know for sure they won't give you a real number,

squid

Just check them out and fish them and see if ya like the bunch of guys that are there.  Some people don't realize that money is needed  to run a trail and a championship(if ya don't want to pay to fish it)  Not paying to fish a championship is a big plus to me.   Some don't care how much they pay to fish their championships, but I do. 

Check out all the trails out there and pick the one that suits you.  Not whether or not there is 100% or 70% payback, but how you feel you are being treated.

Just remember...most people have NO CLUE what is going on in a tournament trail setting.  There are expenses, that most people don't know about...and don't need to know.  Trails don't get everything you get for free.  They pay for stuff and give it away at major events...but again...people have NO CLUE what goes on behind the door. 

You can check out the opens that NBAA is putting on, and see how those are run.

fish hound

Squid,Defensive already.  Here we go again.

Sunset, have you ever fished the Split-shot club out of Lakeview?
Good bunch of guys, fish on Tuesday nights last I knew.  Might try Tamarack sports at M-46 & M-91 for a schedule (i don't have one).

macbass

there is also midstate bass club out of lake odessa and theis grand bass out of portland and both of them fish the ionia mecosta counties

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Eric

I have fished spilt shot the last couple of years and can tell you more if you'd like.  I live just north of Townline Lake. I've never heard of Sunst bass, but would like to know more.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

2k JIGS

If you would like to know more about SunSet Bass email me at sunsetbasscircuit@yahoo, and leave me your address

Thanks for the info

Anthony Adams

the ABA has a west side trail this year - you can check the ABA out at www.americanbassanglers.com

Or come on over to the ABA board for more info.

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

OUTLAW

Man I had no idea that some of the tournament directors were so sensitive, I wish there was a rod that sensitive, you would be able to feel what the fish was thinking!

bassinman#1

Check out the Midwest sportsman trail. I run  district #13 And we pay 90% at the ramp. Go to www.midwest-sportsman.com and check out my schedule. Thanks, Benny.

Dan

You can check out the Tear Drop Tournament Trail. It's the oldest tournament trail in Michigan's great northwest corner. We have six 100% payback qualifiers for a $5,000 two day Classic (for those who finish the year in the top ten of those six tournaments). There is a membership fee and a Classic fee. You can check out what's been done in years past on the teardropbass.com website and also get this years 2007 rules. We have been getting more interest this year than ever before. Don't really know why. It looks like we should have at least 25 to 30 boats. We sell ads in our flyer, which went to the printer today, to raise money for the Classic. We do have expenses, incorporation fees, insurance, printing cost, mailing costs, purchases ie. laptop, scales, bags, etc., but noone gets a "salary" or piece of the action. The work is all voluntary, and it's a lot of work. As usual a few of the people do most of the work. We fish pretty much the same lakes each year. We have been trying to rotate a new lake in each year, but with gas expenses this has not been popular so we are trying to stick within a smaller area to help guys cut gas costs.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

squid

Quote from: OUTLAW on April 16, 2007, 10:29:31 AM
Man I had no idea that some of the tournament directors were so sensitive, I wish there was a rod that sensitive, you would be able to feel what the fish was thinking!

Wow....did not know I was being sensitive...just honest.   Besides, I did say to check them all out, if ya read my post.  Here is some of it..incase ya missed it:

Check out all the trails out there and pick the one that suits you.  Not whether or not there is 100% or 70% payback, but how you feel you are being treated.

I too wish there was a rod like that.  Then you would know which once to put in the boat and which ones to shake off.

Waterfoul

I too have been fishing the CCD the last couple years.  I've met Roger several times at some of these events and he seems o.k. to me.  He's kind of incorportated his own Hawg Hunters events into the CCD schedule (notice the kids day on Fremont).  I'll probably fish a few of their events again this year (Brooks, Tamarak, Big Whitefish and a couple others maybe). 

But I too am looking for a few more club style tournaments in West Michigan (I live in Wyoming so the closer to GR the better for me).  Not interested right now in a "membership" circuit at this time (like NBAA, CATT, etc...).  I prefer to fish the "show up and pay" style events for now.  I recently got my first bass boat (no more old Glastron!) and want to take a year to get used to the new style fishing I will be doing sitting on the BOW of a boat!! 

If someone would like to ride backseat some time I'd really like some White Lake experience so I can start fishing some of the events there (Kellogsville, Hawg Hunters, etc...).  Never fished it before but I've been told it's a great fishery.

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

OUTLAW

Mike, If you would like a trip on white lake give me a call I might be able to show you a couple thing out there.

Jason

Waterfoul

Shoot me a PM with a number Jason.  As soon as the season gets going I'm sure we can work something out.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

OUTLAW

It will have to be before the season starts I am fishing a tournament every sat and sun of the season.

Dan

Hey J, how about me. I would love to go out on White some time. Never been on it when it wasn't frozen.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Waterfoul

Quote from: OUTLAW on April 18, 2007, 10:51:59 PM
It will have to be before the season starts I am fishing a tournament every sat and sun of the season.

I guess what I meant was as soon as the C&R season starts.

BASS FISHERMAN

i likes goin out thar my ownself  ;) ;) ;)
i toss me dare devales heer an thar an i gets a few nice one aswell but me spinner bait bring the biggust ones  ;D ;D ;D

:-* :-* :-* ASTRO BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it