Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

20 Table Rock Pics

Started by Dan, April 06, 2014, 09:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

First few:

Wednesday mtg. was at Big Cedar Lodge. They went over particulars and then paired us with our pros. I drew the red hot Britt Hite. The dinner was excellent! Brisket, chicken, beans, potato salad, cole slaw, apple pie and ice cream, etc.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

Next:

Britt was a conservative driver and kept it around 65 mph. Several boats passed us, but he was a man with a plan and new where he wanted to be. He also tried to be sure none else really copted his spots.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

More:

James Overstreet, the best photographer on the planet, looks a bit tired. He's a good guy and always says hello to me. Kind of nice to be noticed. Britt had a good fish but needed one more. He had a little one he just couldn't cull. Lots of 10-11 pound bags. He caught 40 fish easily through the day, spots, smallies, and largemouths.

If you know me, if I'm not fishing, I'm eating. Went to some must stops in the Branson area: Lamberts, Landry's, Gramma Ruth's, College of the Ozarks Keeter Center Culinary arts restaurant, Billy Gail's, and they have a Krispy Kreme

Dan

and still more:

I like that, "Mine's bigger than yours!" picture, second day ride was Kelly Jordon. I drew KJ on Wheeler before. Good ride. The boy has a need for speed though. He will absolutely not let anyone pass him!!! He kept nudging me to look at the GPS speed. We were up in the 70s several times and cruised right about 70 mph.

Dan

almost done:

Kelly cashed a check and garnered some good points. He had a trifecta bag, spots, smallies, and largemouths. Saw Jonathan, Randy and Clan, Chris Noffsinger, et. al. at the Day three weigh-in expo. Kevin had a 7 lbder! It was a toad!! There were some big fish weighed Saturday. The big ones are starting to stage. In a week or two Kelly and Britt said this place will have fish up every where.

Big dreams

I have a question about the picture labeled "8".  It looks like he is pretty far from the shore.  Is he making that long cast to shore or is he fishing something off the shoreline?

Waterfoul

Quote from: Big dreams on April 06, 2014, 09:21:10 PM
I have a question about the picture labeled "8".  It looks like he is pretty far from the shore.  Is he making that long cast to shore or is he fishing something off the shoreline?

He's not actually that far from shore.   I'm down on Table Rock fishing right now and this is how you do it a lot of the time.  There are a lot of trees below the surface in many places in this lake and you throw your jerkbait towards shore and bring it back thru the trees... or you can parallel the shore and fish them that way.   His boat is probably in about 30-40 feet of water.

We have been throwing the A-rig a lot since we got here (several Elite's told us they wish they could throw it too).  So far I've landed a 4.91 and a 5.99.  Good thing is one was on day one of our tournament and the other was on day two.  We ended up 2nd overall out of 60 boats.  Biig bass in our tournament was a whopping 9.28 lbs!!!  He caught it on a wiggle wart.  We haven't been able to find a wiggle wart bite yet despite what the pros are doing with them.  Seems strange to us, we're throwing the same baits they are.

Went to the Elite weigh in yesterday afternoon.  Always a good time!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Dan

The two pros I rode with threw wiggle warts and megabass jerk baits exclusively. Hite caught most of his fish on the jerk bait, Jordon caught most of his on the wiggle wart. They cranked from shore to 20 ft of water, and needed to be banging the rocks. Day 2 the fish were definitely on the bottom.
Every pro I saw was doing the same thing, as Hite and Jordon. Jordon had original wiggle warts, Hite had new old warts. They definitely used the jerk baits through the trees, but worked deeper water than I thought they would. I didn't have a look at the sonar, so it was hard for me to see exactly the depths they cranked. They both said they needed to feel the wart clattering against the rocks. Both day one and two were pretty gray days. More sun day one. It was coooold on day two. In the low 40s. water temps were high forties. I did see some backs of creeks where it was low 50s. Jordon said that soon the fish would be up and there would be fish everywhere! Both pros caught 40 plus fish. Jordon's were averaging larger on the crank. They caught mix bags of spots, smallies, and largemouth. Neither pro paralleled the shore much. seemed to fish more of the water just off the stone banks. They did fish shoreline on clay banks more. One of Jordon's largemouth's were right up shallow on the clay. Both pros ran 40 minutes + upriver.

motocross269

Thanks for the pictures and Story.... ;D

Dan

Couple more shots of me and my new bowling buddy Britt Hite from Bassmaster