Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lansing Bass Angler looking for fishing partner

Started by bigmoneyangler, March 24, 2014, 06:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneyangler

My name's Zack lived in Lansing all my life. Boated/fished the grand river for years. Looking to make some fishing friends. I don't have a boat. If you do I'm willing to throw some gas bucks. I'm just trying to do some serious fishing no matter how late, early, or long we go out. I'm down for serious fishing. Plz let me know.

FOB

Stop in this weekend at the Lansing boat show Thursday, Friday, or Sat. at the Wonderland Marine West Booth and ask for me ( Ralph ).  We may be able to get out a couple of times.

Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

JBASS

I am about 30 miles to the west of you and fish over your way sometimes...Wife does not fish with me much and my old partner is in collage...
I use to fish the Lansing club 25 years ago or so as a boater but they did have a non-boater deal also that you may want to check out...
The club was called CABA I believe and they had some pretty good fisherman...

PM me if you wish...J

djkimmel

Does CABA exist anymore? I haven't heard anything about them in quite awhile. It would be helpful to know if some version of them still existed.

I believe the River Rats still fish as a group - team tournaments.

Zack, I haven't had my boat in awhile but eventually I'll get it back. Keep reminding me every once in awhile. I sometimes go out locally by myself and don't mind fishing sometimes with new people around here.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

JBASS

Quote from: djkimmel on March 27, 2014, 04:14:25 PM
Does CABA exist anymore? I haven't heard anything about them in quite awhile. It would be helpful to know if some version of them still existed.

I believe the River Rats still fish as a group - team tournaments.

Zack, I haven't had my boat in awhile but eventually I'll get it back. Keep reminding me every once in awhile. I sometimes go out locally by myself and don't mind fishing sometimes with new people around here.

I am not sure if they are still around or not??
Sure was a fun deal with the boater non boater concept.

djkimmel

You talking CABA or River Rats? I thought CABA disbanded but maybe they're still meeting in someone's basement or something? I'm thinking a few of them just ended up in the River Rats... a few more ended up in NBAA circuits.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

VinceR

As far as I know, CABA is no longer active. Some of the past members are now fishing with the River Rats, and a couple are still fishing with MABA (or at least are still members). I think a couple even belong to this club called the Bass Boys.  ;)

djkimmel

Wondered if any of them (besides you - I wasn't counting...) made it to MABA. I have some CABA in The Bass Boys?!? I can't think who that would be?? Maybe I'll have to look at the list again.

Doesn't help Zack though as far as The Bass Boys since we don't have club tournaments. Though... he might want to fish the state championship? And maybe he'd be interested in MABA?

VinceR

Well, you HAD some CABA in the Bass Boys. Two come to mind, although one has all but retired from fishing. The other just ordered a new boat so maybe he'll fish a little more (since he's retired now).

djkimmel

He's breaking in his boat now but he's not a member of The Bass Boys. For a few years now. I'll still make him take me fishing :D