Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

State Tourney

Started by djmaclf, April 03, 2007, 09:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djmaclf

Any Ideas as of how we will be determining boater / non-boater pairs for the State tournament,  I am looking forward to fishing Lake St. Clair come July 8th.  I would like to be a boater as well.

Eric

www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

motocross269

bshaner

I would love to go also but that is my guard drill weekend  :'(

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

motocross269

bshaner..What unit are you in????  I just retired after 23 years.  That's why I have time to fish now.  I wouldn't trade the time I spent in the guard for anything though.   

j690

I will go as a non boater since practice time on the big pond has been minimal the past few years jay

motocross269

Dan K.,
Are we going to send the checks through you for the State championship??
What is the deadline to have them to you by??
Thanks,
Brian

bshaner

I'm in the 110th in Battle Creek.  Air National Guard.

Dan, I am in as a boater if that is ok.  They are letting me have the weekend off since it is a double whammy with the BFL and TBF.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

cameraguy

Quote from: djmaclf on April 03, 2007, 09:41:31 AM
Any Ideas as of how we will be determining boater / non-boater pairs for the State tournament,  I am looking forward to fishing Lake St. Clair come July 8th.  I would like to be a boater as well.

Good question.  Dan, do you have a list of members who intend to fish?

djkimmel

Please email me (djkimmel at greatlakesbass.com) if you are coming and your boater/nonboater preference. It will be easier for me that way to build a list of definite interested parties.

I have some anglers who have signed up with boater/nonboater pairs - they guaranty each other. I'm matching the rest of the boaters in the order they joined with the next available nonboater. I'll put together a list of who I think is going so far this weekend (May 19-20) to see - last I knew, I had several more boaters than nonboaters.

Eric, I moved you to Jeff Kellogg's club. Let me know if you have any problems.

I'm about done with coding on a new The Bass Boys 2007 state championship entry page. I'll have it up sometime between tomorrow and Saturday night - instructions on how to send in your entry by check, or you can pay online with a small handling fee from that page too.

If you end up absolutely wanting to be a boater, can't find a new nonboater to sign up to match with you for the event, and/or I don't have a nonboater to match with you, you'll either have to choose to be a nonboater, or I'll return your entry to you if you decide before June 1. After June 1, I need to find a replacement that pays entry to take your spot.

The deadline for the $100 entry to TBF of Michigan is June 1, so I need your entry by 5/31/07. We can send in entries later, but it costs $110 after June 1.

Watch http://www.greatlakesbass.com/bassboys/ for the new The Bass Boys home page with link to the 2007 state championship entry page very soon. I'll send out an email to everyone and/or call or mail to those I don't have email from or don't hear from soon.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

Any update on this in light of the FLW thing?  I havent paid entry fees until we get final word.  It doesnt affect me because I'm not going to the FLW event but I've been holding off just incase something changes with the Tourney.

How many boaters vs. non boaters?

I'd like to fish it as a boater but I'm guessing you are boater heavy by now.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

bshaner, I may lose 3 more guys that I know of, maybe 4 because of FLW and one other issue. TBF of MI board is discussing the issues tomorrow evening so I'll report back Sunday on what is happening and figure at where The Bass Boys is at then. Not really very many entries in for the club.

To everyone,
I have not sent out a complete club email or snail mail. It's been posted and talked about for some time, and I've talked to a lot of the members personally.

The date and location will NOT change this year. We are all set and there are many more members not involved in the FLW event.

We'll know better to watch for this in the future, but we have a short season and only so much can be done with it considering all the other things we have to work around and deal with.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

Thanks Dan.  Just a follow up... do you have room for a boater or no?  I may go anyway, but I'm for sure in as a boater.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

I have to contact the people who already paid, but can't fish due to being in the FLW Tour event. The TBF board voted to refund their money. I'll probably get in touch with them on Sunday. Then refigure where we are at and make some calls for possible replacements.

j690

if theres a even number let us fish together then the flw will be happy ?

djkimmel

We discussed matching FLW entrants and waiting list people up together, but there are still questions and issues with that moment to make is easily feasible while not getting anyone in to trouble. I'll get with the members who want a refund tomorrow.

SODY

Question for Dan, did you receive Brian Clarks list, I sent him money for a membership and entry fee as a non-boater and have not heard anything about the tourneyt. I will be contacting him this week. Would you post the tournament details, were the official rules etc etc

djkimmel

Will post them and send them out tonight to my members. Oh. I already did that last night to my members who are signed up already.

Brian Belevender (SC chairman) sent out final details to club presidents 1 or 2 days ago by email.

I'll post them tonight in the TBF board too.