Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Looking for someone to fish with

Started by Coop, March 05, 2014, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop

Im a new member. My name is Rob Cooper, I live in Auburn, MI
I used to be an avid Walleye Fisherman when I lived on the Saginaw Bay in Bay City, MI. Now its time for BASS!!!
Recently I have moved to Auburn, a bit more in-land, sold my 22ft Four Winns, and just
purchased a brand new 2013 Nitro Z-7 Sport. (""Would have been a Z-8 if it were up to me, but
the old lady had to have something to lay out on and my son loves wakeboarding"") So in other words
I was kind of forced into the fish&SKI.. But I made sure to load it with all the fixins so im tournament ready
and able. Just looking for good people to join in on the conversation and eager to find some good people to
fish with.  I plan on doing participating in some Bass tournaments this season, but I will be doing a lot of recreational fishing at Sanford / Wixom / Secord and up and down the Saginaw River.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

LAPORTE

Welcome Coop,

Were glad to have ya on the boards... Lots of great people here to chat with. Im sure someone will come along shortly and take you up on the wixom lake or some other local lake to you... nice job on the new boat..

LaPorte 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

mikesmiph

Welcome Coop. You're not too far from me. I'm about 20 mins south of Sagnasty. I'm sure we can get together and do some fishing this summer. Glad to have you aboard.

t-bone

Come on down and fish the paper tournament with us on St. Clair. It's a good way to meet everyone and Mike will be there cooking on the grill!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Coop

Sorry for my ignorance.. LOL ;D. But whats the paper tournament? This is my first year getting into tourney fishing. Don't get me wrong, I do a ton of fishing, just no tournaments as of yet. Thanks everyone.. Seems like some real good people in here.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Slipkey

Quote from: Coop on March 12, 2014, 12:47:00 PM
Sorry for my ignorance.. LOL ;D. But whats the paper tournament? This is my first year getting into tourney fishing. Don't get me wrong, I do a ton of fishing, just no tournaments as of yet. Thanks everyone.. Seems like some real good people in here.
Hi Rob!  Welcome!  A paper tournament (which, in this case, is held during catch & release season) means that when you catch the fish you measure, calculate the weight, and release.  It's an honor system kind of deal, which is perfect for GLB members to get together and fish - and do so before the regular tournament schedules start.

Waterfoul

If you should ever get invited to fish with Slipkey... buy or borrow a Nomex suit.

Yup... still "burning" you with that one John.   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Slipkey

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 12, 2014, 04:37:09 PM
If you should ever get invited to fish with Slipkey... buy or borrow a Nomex suit.

Yup... still "burning" you with that one John.   ;D

Don't listen to him, Coop! I've only started my boat on fire once...  I can provide references, upon request.... :P

Coop

HAHAHA ;D ;D ;D.. I got a friend who I think I can get a Nomex from.. lol.. Ok.. Now  I know what a paper tourney is.. Makes sense.  Will guys on here start posting when and where to get together for the Catch and Release Season get togethers? Im definitely interested. Which forum is that generally posted in? Tournaments etc?
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

fiker

Just keep visiting this site.  Look for the Madwags tournament in May. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Coop

Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Got Fish??

Hay Coop, if you want to fish an island. Like pontiac , oakland or loon I'll meet you there with my boat? Fish in your boat, but we will fish together. Then we can see what you got.

Frank

we're all going to White Lake, (Oakland County), for the Catch and Release opener.  fish morning, meet at White Lake Inn for lunch, fish some more.

Frank

Coop

White Lake huh? not sure exactly where that is. I know Oakland county, but other than that I have no idea where it is. I might be able to make it down there for opener of c&r. As time gets closer I will have a better idea.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Big dreams

Hey Rob, welcome to the site!  There are a couple of clubs around if you are into the club fishing.  Sanford Lake Bass Club is competitive club.  There's also the Wixom Lake Bass Angler's where they talk freely on what worked and what didn't.  Still competitive, but more about helping each other and having fun. 

There's also the NBAA Division 61 that fishes the local lakes around us (Wixom, Sanford, Chippewa, Lake Lancer, Smallwood, Secord, and Wiggins). 

The only other option left, if you don't want to travel too far, is the Top Bass tournaments.  Those get the best results around the area with normally 30-50 boats per tournament.

Hope this helps,
I am sure I will see you on the water
Casey

Coop

Big Dreams.. Im definitely going to be fishing Top Bass this year. along with a couple other one on one tourneys. I was thinking about joining a Bass Club, but couldn't seem to find one that was accepting new members. I would love to get involved in one. Are you involved in any of the ones you mentioned?  Im still pretty new to the club and NBAA.. Don't really understand the peramiters and benefits of the NBAA vs standard club. Gets a bit confusing if you ask me. Maybe just because im not too familiar with them.  Overall would love to get involved in something near me. Although I do plan on doing many upon many long 1 to 2 day trips this summer all over Michigan. If you have any contacts for me to get involved I would appreciate it. maybe we can connect when the season starts up and talk more in depth over a day on the lake.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20