Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:47:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Worm Day

Started by Genie, March 26, 2007, 08:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

I have to say the Worm pouring day was an absolute success.  I got to meet a lot of the guys and put faces to names.  It was an absolute blast and I learned a ton.  I can't wait to get started myself.

Just a little update to the guys that were present - you can now store all your recipes in The Angler's Genie so you can get rid of your notepad.

Josh - you copy those pages yet for a backup?

Hope the poker went as well as the worms.

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Dan

Sounds like I missed out. I would have really liked to attend: poker, worm pouring, misc. banter, computer nuts and bolts with Genie, man..... I did get to catch my first bass yesterday though on our anniversary trip on the Tennessee River. Our anniversary was on WD1-Worm Day 1. Wonder if the wife will like that association. Maybe I won't bring it up.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bshaner

Quote from: Genie on March 26, 2007, 08:20:32 AM
I have to say the Worm pouring day was an absolute success.  I got to meet a lot of the guys and put faces to names.  It was an absolute blast and I learned a ton.  I can't wait to get started myself.

Just a little update to the guys that were present - you can now store all your recipes in The Angler's Genie so you can get rid of your notepad.

Josh - you copy those pages yet for a backup?

Hope the poker went as well as the worms.

-Genie

I went to his house Sunday while he was fishing (jerk) and took a bunch of stuff.  I completely forgot to grab that recipe book so I could transcribe it for him.  I'm an idiot!!!  I had the perfect oportunity.

Glad to see you and the rest of the guys there!  Had a blast.  Sorry I missed most of the midday activities.  I was busy playing dad for a couple hours.

Oh for goodness sakes, I forgot to steal the LureCraft book too.  /sigh  my trip was not as successful yesterday as I thought.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

joshimoto son

Thanks to all the guys that showed up.
We had a great time, we shared lots of ideas and stories. We even had a five gallon bucket of water and tested out our different baits with a drop shot rig and wacky rig.
It is usually after a good story and a laugh that I tell everyone that ever steps foot into my pole barn, "This is the reason I do this... to get my buddies together and just have a good time."

We succeeded again.

Genie... no! I haven't yet, but I'll buy a "Genie" and be sure to use it.

Thanks to everyone that was there.

Brian M., Doug, Dan, Scott, Jack, John, Brian S., Russ, Brandon, My Dad, Scott F. and me.... joshimoto son ;D

LGMOUTH

I also had a great time meeting all of you and pouring worms. I didnt think I would like it all that much but I had a fun time. Thanks for having us and I would love to do it again.

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

yukonjack2

Josh:

thanx fo rthe hospitality and good company - very informative and educational to see the masters in action.  The bucket test was fun as well - you guys wouldn't beleive the differences in poured vs various mfg brands of baits - try it for yourself.

Who ended up winning the $$$ at poker - I know it wasn't me - lol.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Genie

WPD Group,
I have my hot plate, pans, etc. and am ready to get started this weekend.  I have the barn all cleared out and am ready to setup shopt and see what I can come up with.

When I got the stuff from Lurecraft, they gave me a color recipe to start with ... already have it entered in The Angler's Genie so it is backed up (Josh!!!).   :P

Thanks again for showing me how to get started.  Check the West Michigan news to see if any barns burn down over the weekend.   ;D

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!