Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:16:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Who Went out this Weekend?

Started by Durand Dan, March 25, 2007, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

Went to Lobdell Sat. 45° water temp. Ponehma tday 40°. It was cold!!!!

Skulley

I went to the Hot Pond in Monroe.  I went on my nieghbors boat.  Water temp in the Hot Pond ranged from 64 to 67.  Caught a lot of fish.  Nice to get out finally.  I saw Cast n Blast out there as well.  Must have been about a dozen boats in there today........maybe more.

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LGMOUTH

I got out this past Friday, water temp was right around the 42 degree mark. Caught alot of bass, biggest was 4.5 but most of the fish were 12 to 14 inches. Had a blast, used my new wave cast reel and was very impressed. Casted very well and never had any loops with flourocarbon. It was nice to get out on the water.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

dhuff

Hey duranddan was that you in the maroon champion.  I was out on the Lobdell Saturday and today.  

1javelin

Hit Wawasee and Syracuse today.  Wawasee temp was 46 main lake, up to 60 in channels.  Caught a couple little ones around 13, not much action.  Forgot my fishfinder at home, in Michigan, so probably looked like an idiot fishing shallow all day.  Got to play with my new toys though, and man was that fun.  Had fun skimming the water at full open also!!!!!  Blew a Ranger away, tank in the water. 8)
Live to fish, Fish to live.

tritonman

Quote from: LGMOUTH on March 25, 2007, 09:08:19 PM
I got out this past Friday, water temp was right around the 42 degree mark. Caught alot of bass, biggest was 4.5 but most of the fish were 12 to 14 inches. Had a blast, used my new wave cast reel and was very impressed. Casted very well and never had any loops with flourocarbon. It was nice to get out on the water.

hey LGMOUTH, did you try to back reel this with the flourl on? If you did how did it do?

Skip Johnson

Quote from: UAWBigDog on March 25, 2007, 08:57:28 PM
I went to the Hot Pond in Monroe.  I went on my nieghbors boat.  Water temp in the Hot Pond ranged from 64 to 67.  Caught a lot of fish.  Nice to get out finally.  I saw Cast n Blast out there as well.  Must have been about a dozen boats in there today........maybe more.

BD            ;D

yep nice day out there glad to meet you bill.
we cought a couple catfish a drum and plenty of the closed species, the closed species obviousley dont know they make it hard to catch other targeted fish, I even seen a guy catch one on cut herring dipped into stink bait.
Go Big or Go Home!

bshaner

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

joshimoto son

We caught exactly 6 jumbo perch. Nine of us total in three boats.

One boat found the spot that had them first thing in the morning.
They caught 20-25 jumbos.

Kind of funny a little inland lake has them great big ones just like the great lakes.

Cy

I agree w/ bshaner...I think I hate all of you too!  ;)
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

LGMOUTH

Quote from: tritonman on March 26, 2007, 08:53:23 AM
Quote from: LGMOUTH on March 25, 2007, 09:08:19 PM

hey LGMOUTH, did you try to back reel this with the flourl on? If you did how did it do?

Yes I did, 4.5lber on 8lb test, worked real good.

As for those of you that hate me for getting out, na na na na na na. LOL  ;D
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

ronhuntfish

Hmmmm....

When does bass season start again???

1javelin

Open all year in Indiana!!!!  End of April for us in Michigan :'(
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Duke

Went out to Maggies Saturday. I had a bunch of hits on a crankbait on deep seawalls, but they were only slapping it. I never caught one of them. I then went shallow (3-4') and caught some on a rat-l-trap. Nothing of size; the biggest was only 14" The water temp was 49.

I went out to Koontz Monday and caught about 30 bass. Again, nothing of size. Actually, not a single keeper. However, I lost about 10 other fish, 3 of which would have been legal size. The wind was blowing like crazy. When I left in the afternoon the windy-side was 60 degrees! Rest of the lake was only 55. Guess where the fish were??  ;) All fish were in 2-3' FOW. They were feeding pretty heavily. Great time!
Duke

225XS4Garza200PXL

I took my boat out to Lake St. Clair to run the boat on Tuesday... Went to run some numbers on boat set-up to fine tune it for the season...

Lake St. Clair laid down for us today as it was flat calm that morning...

Anyway, I figured I would wet a line to try out some new rods and reels that I ordered during the winter... I caught some fish on accident... i'll leave it at that..

Boat ran good, but not good enough as I will be getting some prop work done to improve top end performance... or i'll try another prop...

It was great being out there and I can't wait for the season to start... the greatest thing was that there was NO ONE out there... It was a little piece of heaven...

Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

bshaner

Quote from: LGMOUTH on March 26, 2007, 09:25:21 PM

Yes I did, 4.5lber on 8lb test, worked real good.

As for those of you that hate me for getting out, na na na na na na. LOL  ;D

That's just sadistic.... :'(

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

canvsbk

I did.

Both days.

All day.

(and this Friday is a "floating holiday" too)

;D ;D ;D vote BASS FISHERMAN for Lady Bing Trophy  ;D ;D ;D
Look past what they want you to see.

yukonjack2

Garza- 

check out rich boger for the prop work - his blueprint set ups are the bomb.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them