Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

classic tv coverage

Started by dartag, February 16, 2014, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Anyone know when the tv coverage is.  Next weekend is the Classic and Daytona 500 .  Going to be a couch weekend with the laptop, tablet and big screen tv   Might not even go outside till Monday

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Watched day 1 and 2 today.  Not bad coverage.  Lots of crankbait and chatterbait fishing.  Interesting thing was day 2 coverage.  2 hours and I don't remember KVD being mentioned all day.  Guess when you miss the day 3 cut that happens. JVD got a little time but that was it.  Lots of Go Pro coverage from guys who didn't have a camera in the boat.

Not bad and it was something to watch after 2 hours behind the snow blower.

t-bone

To me there was so much repeated content.
I haven't watched the day 3 but the 2 hr day 2 had so many repeated fish catches. I'm glad I DVRed it and could skip through the stuff.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

dartag

I finished it this evening.  I see what you mean by repeat coverage.  Looks like they probably had a lot of cameras in boats that did not make the cut.   Swindel, KVD, IKE, Skeet, Klein and many more.  Other than first place the payout ended up being a little more than an FLW tour event.

http://www.bassmaster.com/tournaments/2014-bassmaster-classic/results/1

djkimmel

I think they were trying to get Go Pros in many of the boats but I imagine there's a limit to how many they have? I had to get up at 2:45am on the final practice morning so my memories of parts of the day, particularly morning, are... fuzzy... at best. I almost seem to recall they were trying to get at least one Go Pro in almost every boat? Not sure I can trust what I heard but there was quite a bit going on about that topic, including the little helicopter robot thingies.

We had one follow us out on Wednesday since I was with Aaron Martens and he was boat 1. For a second, I thought the thing was coming in for a strafing run... it missed! ;D But it seemed like it came in a little close and fast at one point. Buzzzzzz... Maybe the weather had something to do with that considering at least one of them (multi-thousands of dollars if I remember right?) took a swan dive into Lake Guntersville were it will become cover for a bass or some baitfish.

There were lots of pundits who predicted the wrong most likely winners and top placers in this event for sure! Conditioned changed even more than many of the top anglers seemed to expect so not everyone adjusted as well. I could see that questioning/confusion and I was only at the lake on the one practice day before the most major changes occurred.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

tigar

Dan is right on the Go Pros, there were quite a few DRONES with Go pros at the launch and every stop I made to watch there were at least 1 and most times more that I could see on their boats. There were also quite a few camera boats that made the rounds as well. I followed Tharp 25+ miles up the river on day 2 take off along with 70 or so other boats (that was a HAIRY ride) and when things all settled down there was a camera boat came in late so that he wouldnt have to fight with the heard heading down the river. Also, parked about 200 yards away a boat with a drone brought the camera over the gallery of boats then took it right next to Tharps boat and it just sat there about 10 feet over the water and never moved while filming him. For the 3 days I only saw 1 helicopter which is what they used in the past. I was pretty impressed at what they were able to do with the drones, but in watching it on TV also thought there was way too much that was used over and over. There has to be a TON of video that no one has seen.

djkimmel

I have no doubt there is a ton of video. But editing through all that video is very time-consuming so that may be why there's some repeat. I also forget what day and time the one drone bit the bottom of the lake? Maybe there went some good video?

They're usually pretty good about getting video marked and in though. I wish I could have been out on the lake more but one day was nice and I would have gotten one heck of a sunburn on that last day!